Favors

Please help!!

I need favor ideas. We would like to do a favor that incorporates our sayings and such.

Always & Forever!

or

Pinky Promise, Always & Forever!

We will have this during our ceremony. During the rings, we will do our pink promise to each other as well. We are always saying pink promise always and forever. We need something cheap, we are making them, and something that stands for forever. Can you help?

thanks,
Morgan

Re: Please help!!

• edited December 2011
    That's tough, and I don't know if this will help, but you can get just about anything personalized with your phrasing (candles, napkins, coasters, CD covers, etc.).  If your colors include pink, you could just make the favor pink and it could be whatever you want.  If this helps, we're getting married at a winery, so we purchased some $1 spiral bound notebooks (wine themed) from Michael's, inscribed them on the front inside cover with a message, tied them up with tulle and ribbon in our colors, and got some pens personalized to match.  It's about $3 per person, and you can get all different kinds of themed books...

You could also get that image of the pinky promise on just about anything... mini bottles of wine, notebooks, candles... in any price range, for any setting. 

If you're really creative and have lots of time to spare before the big day, You could always make little chocolate candies in the shape or pinkies or something?? You could probably find a Morton's candy mold and color them pink, and wrap up some bags of each in tulle or organza and write on the tag "Pinky Promise, Forever and Ever"... that one may be a little too weird, but hey, I'm trying!

Good luck!!

• jensgf2010jensgf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend trying these online sites for your idea: http://tinyurl.com/ylln4qu or www.zazzle.com/My_De_zigns*

U can create a lot of personalized favors and get ideas. I love those sites. ;)

Best of luck and congrats to you!
  • edited December 2011

Personnalized favors are a good idea. www.newfavors.com offer free personalized tags.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_please-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:5d79b8ad-a84c-459b-851f-62f2018ce9e2Post:eba8edb9-c47e-4930-a7e4-802dab6f8518">Please help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need favor ideas. We would like to do a favor that incorporates our sayings and such. Always & Forever! or Pinky Promise, Always & Forever! We will have this during our ceremony. During the rings, we will do our pink promise to each other as well. We are always saying pink promise always and forever. We need something cheap, we are making them, and something that stands for forever. Can you help? thanks, Morgan
    Posted by patrickandmorgan[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest with you....most guests do not appreciate personalized favors.  Most of them get left behind or, if the guests take them to be kind, they get thrown out at home.

If you stick around here long enough, you'll learn that the most popular favors are edible favors.  So, if you want to incorporate your saying, I'd suggest having cookies with the saying on them.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_please-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:5d79b8ad-a84c-459b-851f-62f2018ce9e2Post:eba8edb9-c47e-4930-a7e4-802dab6f8518">Please help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need favor ideas. We would like to do a favor that incorporates our sayings and such. Always & Forever! or Pinky Promise, Always & Forever! We will have this during our ceremony. During the rings, we will do our pink promise to each other as well. We are always saying pink promise always and forever. <em><strong>We need something cheap</strong></em>, we are making them, and something that stands for forever. Can you help? thanks, Morgan
    Posted by patrickandmorgan[/QUOTE]

And there it is exactly.  The bolded part says it all.  Your guests don't want something cheap.  And while the pinky thing is important to you, it won't be to your guests.  And favors are for your guests.

Ditto MOB.  Give them a cookie, brownies, truffles, popcorn, etc. to say thanks for coming.  But don't give a cheap trinket that nobody really wants.

Sorry if that sounded harsh.  But at the end of your wedding, when you see all of your favors left on the table....that's harsh too.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_please-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:5d79b8ad-a84c-459b-851f-62f2018ce9e2Post:788c8093-a36d-43e3-b284-342f5e670172">Re: Please help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Please help!! : And there it is exactly.  The bolded part says it all.  Your guests don't want something cheap.  And while the pinky thing is important to you, it won't be to your guests.  And favors are for your guests. Ditto MOB.  Give them a cookie, brownies, truffles, popcorn, etc. to say thanks for coming.  But don't give a cheap trinket that nobody really wants. Sorry if that sounded harsh.  But at the end of your wedding, when you see all of your favors left on the table....that's harsh too.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

I also agree that many favors do get left behind or thrown away later, edible favors are good but cost too much. I have started seeking practical items like coasters, candles or maybe something for the kitchen
  • edited December 2011

Hi there!

I am also making my own favors which are monogrammed cake pops but you dont have to be this technical a simple sugar cookie with an edible sticker image (which is super easy to apply)  of your phrase. Many baking /candy supply stores print these images for a fair price. It would be a perfect way to reiterate the special phrase while giving something your guests will appreciate.

Check out this link for a visual of the cookies:

http://www.gumdropcookieshop.com/order-cuties/images/T/MonogramProminentPurpleHues355.jpg

Good Luck & Congrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards