Favors
Options

which wine is best for favors?

I'm having mini wine bottles for my favors and need some help since I don't drink much wine...

Of these brands which is the best tasting:
Redwood Creek
Turning Leaf
Twin Valley
Barefoot

Now- I have to decide if I want to get 3 or 4 different types (want a variety sweet and dry)

Options are:

Chardonnay
White Zinfandel
Pinot Grigio
Pinot Noir
Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot

What are the best of the above to try and meet most people's likings?

Thanks! :)

Re: which wine is best for favors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For the brands, everyone will have different opinions in which is better. It is like asking which chocolate bar is better, snickers or milkyways? Go either with the one you like best, or the one that you feel that most people would like.

For the specific wines, knowing your crowd and what they drink will help. If you are unsure, and have the option, go with at least 4. Two whites (one drier, one sweeter), and two reds (one drier and one sweeter). It wasn't in the list, but do you have a rose that would be available? That would also be a good choice.

Do you have any backups for those who don't drink wine or are underage? As much as I love wine, I have friends and family that don't. Maybe a non-alcoholic sparking grape juice?

"Photo kids date computer geeks because they scare everyone else. Geeks are much more desperate"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also doing mini wine bottle favors. We are offering an option of 3 different types, one white, one blush, one red. From the options that you listed, I think I would go with the pinot grigio, white zinfandel, and pinot noir,  then if you decide to add a 4th the cabernet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the others on going with what you like the best. I personally would go with barefoot wines.

As for the types. I would do the Chardonnay, Cabernet and White Zinfandel.
    I've worked in the catering business for 5 years now and those three seem to be the most popular wines we would sell at weddings. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I had to choose 3, I would go with White Zinfandel, Chardonnay & Merlot.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely love Barefoot wine, especially Moscato!
  • Options
    peanutty2peanutty2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the only brand i know i've tried from that list is barefoot... and they are very good so i do recommend them.

i personally would go with just one flavor... otherwise your going to have a case where everyone takes the "good" one and then someone is upset they got "stuck" with the bad flavor .... i would go with a blush... it's an "easier" wine that will appeal to more people... i know plenty of people that are not "wine drinkers" who like a blush/zinfandel... if you pick a red or white it can be hit or miss on what people like...
  • Options
    Lowe WeddingLowe Wedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Question: where are you getting your mini bottles of wine?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards