Favors

personalized shower favors

long story, short - the bridal party has basically backed out of the shower arrangements for my soon to be D-I-L.  The shower is in 1 month and I desparately need ideas for personalized shower favors.   I am not very crafty nor do I have much  time to make them.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: personalized shower favors

• Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    candy.  Just put some mini candy bars and such in little cellophane bags.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• edited December 2011
    Yeah, I wouldn't expect a special favor at a shower.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Cookies could be made in either a wedding themed shaped or decorated in shower colors....my daughters colors are pink, black, and white, and her shower "theme" was incorporating those colors into her more whimsical theme of zebra stripes.  We had cookies made: white icing with black zebra stripes or pink icing with black zebra stripes.  I have seen cookies shaped liked rings, martini glasses, bride and groom figures....or, simple bags of candy in the shower colors work, too.  You can go to almost any candy shop and have them box candy in two piece favor boxes.  If the shower has any type of "kitchen" theme to it, I attended a shower where they put small candy in the bowl of a wooden spoon, wrapped tulle around the candy, and tied it with a ribbon,  It was adorable. 

Go to any local dollar store or craft store and you can purchase all sorts of glass containers very inexpensively.  They can be filled with just about anything.  Mini plantings are readily available at most garden stores at the moment. 

The favor is merely a small way to show your appreciation to your guests for their support.  It isn't meant to be extravagant nor stress inducing!  Make it easy on yourself :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I've never been to a shower where I got a favor.  Maybe it's a regional thing but I wouldn't worry about favors. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards