Favors

Destination Wedding Favors

Hello Fello Brides,

I am having a hard time picking out favors for my wedding. My original plan was to do personalized beach towels or beach bags, which gets kind of pricey.
I was also thinking personalized shot glasses, and using the during the reception by putting candles in them.
My third idea was making gift bags with sunscreen, lip balm, and sunglasses in them.
I am also accepting NEW IDEAS. lol I am so tired of looking at favors!!

Which do you think would be the best? (reminding you i have to carry these favors in my luggage)

I want something cute with our names on it, but something our guests will use.

Re: Destination Wedding Favors

• ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest saving money and opting for something that isn't personalized, it would increase the chances of guests actually taking it and using it. Personally, I probably would not use a towel or a beach bag that has someone else's name on it. What if you beach towels in your wedding colors and put a tag on it with your names on it? Another suggestion is luggage tags. 

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP. I would go for something that isn't personalized but still within the destination theme, that way your guests might actually use the item again. I love the idea of luggage tags.
  • edited December 2011
    i am having a destination vow renewal,its not for awhile but ive started planning early so i have an idea of how much of a budget i would need for everything i want.

i plan on giving each guest who comes a personalized beach bag(their names not mine)filled with mini bottles of lotion,sun screen,hand sanitizer,beach towels,lip balm,water,snacks,a beach ball,mini lint rollers,shout wipes.
    and i havent decided on a more personal favor i would like to add to it yet.
  • edited December 2011
    Jenni,
    I love all the items your including in the bags!! You gave me such good ideas!! Let me know if you find any website for cheap beach bags or beach towels (with a nice product obviously :) Thanks for the help!!
  • Melissa72777Melissa72777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, we are doing a destination wedding as well. I originally wanted to do a tote filled with all the items listed above but was concerned about getting it to the Dominican Republic. Shipping costs a lot & I'm worried about it all getting lost before I get there. My travel agent (who should be a DW coordinator LOL) gave me a great idea. We will be doing a wedding soundtrack w/songs that have a Carribean feel as well as songs that will be played at our wedding ceremony & reception. Each guest will be presented w/the cd upon check in along with a resort voucher to use during their stay at the resort. We are only having 30 guests max, possibly only 20 so we will definitely be able to fit the cds in our luggage. Then the resort provides the credits to each guest. We are still trying to decide on the amount of the voucher. It will depend on the final head count.
    Lis Wedding Destination,Beach,Romantic Vacation,HOneymoon Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards