Favors
Options

Centerpiece as favor?

I was thinking of having our centerpieces be a vase of flowers surrounded by miniature bamboo pots with a plant (it looks cute, I promise). The plants would have a "thanks for coming" (or something) note indicating they were the favor. I don't want to do food, and I really don't want to do something kitschy and personalized. And if people are going to toss them, I don't want to have a huge environmental impact. I also think this would save some money by doing a 2-in-1. Opinions?

Re: Centerpiece as favor?

• Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a good plan.  You'll probably have some left behind by the foks (like me) who were born w/o green thumbs but I'm sure you can find homes for them.  GL!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm generally a staunch supporter of using edible favors, but as long as you realize some people will probably leave the plants behind, I think this idea will work. 
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a nice idea. My friend gave everyone a potted plant as her favor (wedding was at a horticultural center) and none were left behind. I was drunk and left mine in our designated drivers car and his mom took it and takes care of it. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having cactus plants as centerpiece (wedding is at a ranch in Tucson), and so our favor is a small personal cactus for every person.
    Fits into the whole ranch idea,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think this a very cute idea! How much are spending on each bamboo plant? I am interested in doing something similar if I can find reasonably priced plants.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is a good idea.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like a good idea to me. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea! my sister did something along the lines of this. Except she had the actual centerpiece as the favor... she had a bunch of small vases put together to look like a single arrangement, and each vase had a single rose in it, with a thankyou tag on it. I don't think it was clear enough that it was the favor though, and a lot of people left it behind. But the idea is great. Just make sure you make it clear that its the favor!
  • Options
    cifkampcifkamp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all for your responses! I will definitely make it obvious that they are the favors.
    Also, @ajroark- my wedding isn't for two years, so I'll be buying 1/2 or so of the favors, and growing the rest from those. Each plant at my local nursery is $2.29 and I can split them into 3. So, hopefully by the time the wedding rolls around, I'll have gotten 6 favors from each $2.29 plant! That's pretty inexpensive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards