Favors
Options

Opinions on my favor idea

Hello, and thanks in advance for reading!

My idea is this: My fiancee's last name is Jordan, and my initials are MM. I was thinking it would be cute to have Jordan almonds and M&Ms.

So tell me: Cute and clever, or tacky as all heck?

Re: Opinions on my favor idea

• Options
    Definitely not unique or clever. A pretty high percentage of weddings have Jordan almonds and/or M&Ms as favors. It's certainly not at all tacky either.

TBH, I don't think guests will notice/care about the little detail that these items involve your names.
  • Options
    If I were a guest, I might  get the Jordan almonds, but I probably woundn't even realize the MM part.  I wouldn't put too much emphasis on this.
  • Options
    Honstly, if I was a guest I probably wouldn't even notice. It's a cute idea but like mentioned before, jordan almonds and M&Ms are at a lot of weddings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • Options
    Maybe include some little rhyme or saying on a tag with them, indicating the use/name thing?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for your opinions everyone!

I know that Jordan almonds and M&Ms are very common favors. I'm not concerned about being unique.

I just thought it was cute and wanted to see if other people thought so too :)
  • Options
    I think it's a cute.  Since the almonds come from his last name and the M&M's from yours, you could tie them separately into little bundles (in organza or netting) and then tie a bundle of M&M's and a bundle of almonds together for each favor. As PP said, you can highlight the play on your names/initials with a tag.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_opinions-on-my-favor-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:6adea66b-6707-4047-8b8a-12ef40f56d80Post:616b94ba-149e-453e-b1af-f2b66281f688">Re: Opinions on my favor idea</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely not unique or clever. A pretty high percentage of weddings have Jordan almonds and/or M&Ms as favors. It's certainly not at all tacky either. TBH, I don't think guests will notice/care about the little detail that these items involve your names.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're nice. 

Jordan almonds are a very traditional wedding favor, but it's obviously very fitting with your names. Just attach a card to each favor saying something about being MM and now happy to become a Jordan. It's cheeky and cute.

Ps i'm usualy very critical of these types of things, but I think it's a great idea for your wedding given your names.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_opinions-on-my-favor-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:6adea66b-6707-4047-8b8a-12ef40f56d80Post:347fc4ba-5d97-43e8-9742-55e8c2f03ea5">Re: Opinions on my favor idea</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opinions on my favor idea : Wow, you're nice.  Jordan almonds are a very traditional wedding favor, but it's obviously very fitting with your names.<strong> Just attach a card to each favor saying something about being MM and now happy to become a Jordan. It's cheeky and cute.</strong> Ps i'm usualy very critical of these types of things, but I think it's a great idea for your wedding given your names.
    Posted by jlk13[/QUOTE]

Love that idea!  I agree!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards