Favors

Caricatures favors

me and my FI are thinking about having someone do Caricature drawing at our wedding as the far....it's fun and very different!
what's your thoughts and concerns?!

Re: Caricatures favors

• How many guests do you plan on having?  I imagine it could take quite a long time to get through everyone.  Also, you don't want your guests waiting on line, so you'd have to have some kind of organization.
  • I think it's a great idea! I'm actually doing this at my wedding. I'm gong to have two caricature artists to keep the line down. We are doing it during cocktail hour. We are expecting about 150 guests and they will be at the wedding for 3 hours.
  • Agree with Joan.  This seems like it could something that takes away from the reception rather than adds to it.  How long does one picture take?  Can one person reasonably draw your crowd in however long s/he will be there?  What extactly do guests leave with (is this something of a size that can be slipped in a person or will guests be fumbling with larger sheets or paper)?

It is a unique idea and if it fits the tone and style of your wedding, AND if the logistics cause it to add, not detract, from your reception, then go for it.  But definitely get a handle on how it works before you make a final decision.
    Anniversary

• I remember doing one once as a kid and it takes betwee 15-30 minutes per person (or group) so I just don't see how you could realistically offer it to even half your guests.   
  • we're only having about 65-70 guest and we're doing a cocktail reception so people will be up moving around anyways. My thought was to do it during the entire reception which is 4 hours long. The reason for doing the cocktail reception was to have a fun wedding, more of a social event, where people can mingle and just have a good time. So i'm think the caricature would be fun and people would get a kick out of it...favors are just far, it's far to please everyone! I can always pick up some cheap picture frames from the dollar store for everyones picture to be carried home.
  • I was looking into this for my reception to. Different characturists take different amounts of time. For a small group like you have I think it's great. I'm still trying to talk FI into this instead of a photobooth.
  • If it was logistically easier I would say that it was a neat idea. An event I went to years ago had this. They actually had 2 artists and each took about 20 to 30 minutes. There were maybe 150 people there and the wait was hours long. Not worth it, IMO.

• Agree with PP that time can vary widely from one artist to another:  FI and I had ours done at a bridal show (an artist was there as a vendor), and she had it done in 5 minutes.  
  • Unless you are one of the first three or four people in line, the wait to have this done is too impractical.

• edited August 2012
    Though it's not a bad idea, I just don't think you'll want something where a long line forms at a wedding. Even IF this particular artist only took 5-10 min., that still is going to cause a line to form, possibly a long one, even with your number of guests.

I'm not saying I absolutely would not do it, but I would really think about the logistics, the pricing of it (is it worth it?) and I would personally probaby run it by some people really close to me (mom, MOH, someone who would be honest with you, etc) and get their take on it as well. Would they be willing to stand in line for a while to get a caricature done, etc?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I recently went to a reception with a caricture artist. There were roughly 100 people and yes, there was a large line, but it was good for a laugh. I'd have another small set of favors though and have this guy as an extra entertainment piece, as there wasn't enough time for everyone to get them done.

that said, the guy was nice but it looked nothing like us at all. I got it done with my mother and every time dig it out of her mail pile she groans and hides it again.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards