Favors
Options

Are Hershey's Kisses tacky?

My FI and I have little boxes for favors and with the wedding approaching (December 10) we have no idea what to put in them. We wanted something different, etc. but I just want to get this done and out of the way! Hershey kisses are already wrapped, so we could just put them in the boxes. They are really small boxes, like 2"x2".  What does anyone think? 

THanks!

Re: Are Hershey's Kisses tacky?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    31 more days till OUR wedding! I'm in your same spot, I would like to put something in there that is not candy. Nobody would keep an empty favor box so I thought of putting potpurri....
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Go for those kisses!  Seriously, who doesn't enjoy popping those in their mouth?  I would enjoy that as a favor, it's practical and most people will definitely take them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree - I would like Hershey's Kisses as a favor!  If you want it to be a bit more special you could look into having those little round stickers personalized and stick them to the bottom of each kiss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_hersheys-kisses-tacky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:702a1175-3fc5-4d90-9f81-05691df992a7Post:23794b11-b1b6-47e1-b1ac-957929c034f6">Are Hershey's Kisses tacky?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I have little boxes for favors and with the wedding approaching (December 10) we have no idea what to put in them. We wanted something different, etc. but I just want to get this done and out of the way! Hershey kisses are already wrapped, so we could just put them in the boxes. They are really small boxes, like 2"x2".  What does anyone think?  THanks!
    Posted by emcas[/QUOTE]
    No, they aren't tacky, they're delicious!
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is going to turn up their nose at Hershey kisses? 
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    nlindsay17nlindsay17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are not tacky and would make a great favor. You can't go wrong with an edible favor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everybody! That makes me a LOT more confident - I wasn't sure :) I can't believe the wedding is so close!!! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you wanted, you could buy Hershey Hugs to add to the boxes too, and make a little sticker that says "Hugs and Kisses from the Mr. and Mrs."  - I saw that somewhere before and thought it was pretty cute.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_hersheys-kisses-tacky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:702a1175-3fc5-4d90-9f81-05691df992a7Post:3b540f17-def7-427c-bdbf-631f635273fa">Re: Are Hershey's Kisses tacky?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you wanted, you could buy Hershey Hugs to add to the boxes too, and make a little sticker that says "Hugs and Kisses from the Mr. and Mrs."  - I saw that somewhere before and thought it was pretty cute.
    Posted by colleenandshaun[/QUOTE]

oooh that is pretty cute!
  • Options
    Grits8812Grits8812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i dont see how that would be tacky at all. the name is cute and goes with a wedding, and who doesnt love chocolate?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the Hugs and Kisses idea!! Too cute - I just saw that theknot has peanut butter cups, too. I think I am going to get both!
  • Options
    sperbunkisperbunki member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope you meant to write "tasty!" and not tacky because if so then the answer is YES, the ARE tasty! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Now we just need a rhyme for peanut butter cups for the note - 

Hey, whassup, enjoy a peanut butter cup? LOL

Daring to dream a bigger dream
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards