Favors

Theme Favours

My wedding theme will be hollywood glamour.  Colors are black, red and white. 

Wanted to have a popcorn bar instead of a candy bar as a favour but my venue nixed that idea (boo).

Anyone have any other ideas?

Re: Theme Favours

• melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our receptions seem fairly similar in "theme" and colour!

We didn't want popcorn simply because ours is a bit more formal, but we had it at our engagement party and had personalized boxes with little stickers with our names and the date he proposed and "He popped the question" on them.  It was cute.  Too bad your venue is against it!

We're not tying the favors too much into the "theme," because we didn't want to overdo it (our reception is very much a red carpet premiere type situation), but we ARE considering adding a copy of an independent film my fiance funded a couple of years ago that is now out on dvd.  It also matches the colours, haha.

Honestly, all of the actual "Hollywood" type favors I've seen are things that would get an "Oh, that's cute," at the reception and then tossed in the garbage on the way home.  If you're really set on having something, though, several of the chocolate bar wrappers (big or small) can be done in a clapboard style with your names and wedding date on them.
    10-10-10
  • edited December 2011
    What about doing a goodie bag? You always hear about the cool goodie bags that celebs get at red carpet events. Depending on how much you want to spend you could do silver mirrors, mini lip glosses, roller perfumes etc for the ladies. Roller colognes, a nice cigar, silver flask for the men. You could even do a more couple related one small bottle of wine/champagne with your monogram on it (they have these Mini bottles at World Market and you could DIY a monogram sticker for over the label) a scented candle, some kind of bath salt....

Just a thought :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_theme-favours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:72204727-ef76-482d-9511-ca65cb4b05a7Post:5c5aae54-754a-4348-b97a-b9988942f6d1">Re: Theme Favours</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about doing a goodie bag? You always hear about the cool goodie bags that celebs get at red carpet events. Depending on how much you want to spend you could do silver mirrors, mini lip glosses, roller perfumes etc for the ladies. Roller colognes, a nice cigar, silver flask for the men. You could even do a more couple related one small bottle of wine/champagne with your monogram on it (they have these Mini bottles at World Market and you could DIY a monogram sticker for over the label) a scented candle, some kind of bath salt.... Just a thought :)
    Posted by mc108[/QUOTE]

This is an amazing idea and I definitely would love to do this but there's no way I can afford it unfortunately.  We're going to be 250ppl and we're on moderate budget.  Great idea though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards