Favors
Options

Tea as a favor

A little background:

Fiance and I are big tea drinkers. We have family who all love tea over coffee and many of our friends drink tea too.

We would like to do an edible/drinkable favor. But fiance things we should give them something they can actually use once the edible favor is gone. I keep telling him to come back here and read this board!

So we've come up with a some what agreeable idea. BUT I really want other people's opinions and whether or not they would take this. Because as much as we love tea we don't need 50 extra's laying around.

So here is our idea:

A 2 oz tin of loose tea (this will provide 4 cups of tea)
And a metal tea infuser

So the gift would look like this (tea cup not included):

And some Tea to go along with it:

PLEASE Knotties, give me your 100% honest to goodness opinion!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16

Re: Tea as a favor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like that idea! The infuser adds a nice touch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it! I would be really excited to get one!!!
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This tea drinker loves it!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it, and I have slight "favor envy".  We are huge tea drinkers also -- so much so we end EVERY night with a cup of tea.  We were originally going to go with "tea" as our favor, but the chocoloate lover in us won.  Great idea, love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would totally take this!
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't even drink tea, but I think it's cute and would keep it for if i had a tea drinking guest visit.
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't drink tea but it's a cute idea for those who do
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

As a usual coffee drinker, I would completely love this idea! The diffuser is adorable and even if you don't drink tea on a regular basis, it is definitely something that will be used down the line.

• Options
    Meaghann17Meaghann17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like this idea. My parents went to a wedding recently and tea was the favour. Each table was named after a type of tea.

I like that you are doing the infuser because my parents had to go buy one to use the tea they were given. Also I think tea infusers are different than the other standard non-edible favours (letter openers, wine stoppers etc) in that its not large and people can use more than 1 in their home. FI and I don't both keep a favour unless its something we actually need 2 of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thank you everyone. (Fiance is so happy) We'll be doing this then and going to buy them some time this week.

Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this!  What a great compromise :)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's great! And tell FI that they have the infuser to keep. They can always refill with their own tea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I received that infuser at a bridal shower a year ago. At the time I thought it was really cute and excited about it. I have yet to use it. But it is a cute idea.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this is an awesome idea! edible and keepable, great choice
  • Options
    mscindyhmscindyh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did this as a bridal shower favor gift. The tea was special ordered from London and they had the bride & groom's names on custom stickers. We also gave the metal inffusers with the gift. They were a huge hit and very custom because our family has passed down tea drinking thru the generations. It is something unexpected and unique that your guests will be sure to remember. Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't like tea at all, but then again, I'm sure someone in my family would that they could use it.  That being said, you need to look at what your guests would like, but what is important to you.  If you like tea, I say go for it!  :)
  • Options
    EleanorEndeeEleanorEndee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a good idea especially if your friends and family are tea drinkers, it can be like a little inside joke.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally am not a tea fan, but I think this is a great idea. You really put a lot of thought into it! Very unique :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sweet guppysweet guppy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i really love this idea!

I have to say that I think the tea itself would be an odd favor, because I wouldn't have any way of drinking it at home without the diffuser to use. So pairing them together makes it cute and functional.

What a fabulous idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lukystr5lukystr5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of utilitarian favors, but do not find that favors are an essential part of the wedding as most people leave the favors behind at the reception. :( With that being said, you included that several of your guests drink tea AND the favor is useful, so it sounds like people will remember to take your favor with them. Best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards