Favors
Options

What are your..

edible favors?? I want to have an edible or some sort of foody favor (e.g., my friends did maple syrup for their Nov wedding) for our August wedding but am unsure of what I want. We will have a wedding cake so although I love cake pops, I feel it'll be over kill. We don't have a theme but our colors are olive and buttercup.. any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are your..

• Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a pink and black candy bar as our edible favors and then from our photo booth, our guests will be able to take a slide of pictures with them :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing personalized glasses filled with Garrett's popcorn (a HUGE Chicago company).  We live in Chicago, and we really want to share our life in Chicago with them.  Is there any local company that is a "trademark" of your city that you could get some favors from?
  • Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did a pink, green and white/ivory candy buffet. we also did cookies in the shape of horse heads (because i ride and own a horse)
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did salt water taffy and candy shells.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @elfrangercg fantastic idea!
    @teachermegs- might have to steal the salt water taffy idea..

For the candy buffet girls.. do you find it to be an expensive favor? Have you priced out how much you estimate it would be per person?

Thanks for all of the ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    daisy662daisy662 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cupcakes!!! I found a local place that does larger than usual cupcakes. This is in addition to the wedding cake we will eat for desert. I have little boxes so that guests can take them with them if they like. I ordered them in all sorts of fun flavors like boston cream, oreo, red velvet, etc. They will double as centerpieces on my tables as they will be on a 3 tier cake platter in the middle of the table with candles around them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using a lot of river rocks in my decor, so we are thinking of using chocolate rocks in little bags. 
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @CassieeK- I love the look of river rocks but just haven't put into consideration how to use them. How are you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nicoleh55nicoleh55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are doing hershey bars, wrappedhershey.com lets you personalize the wrapper and its really cute!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking about doing luggage tags since we are having a destination wedding.  I thought these would be cute to incorporate our traveling ways.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion, cakes pops aren't overkill - I love them!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MissKate2011MissKate2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loooooooove cake pops!

and Daisy... can I come to your wedding?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    daisy662daisy662 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Miss Kate - It started out to be a little event with just close friends and family and is turning into a major event! LOL So, at this point, you may as well come on!! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Firegirl- we got a 5 pound bag from nutsonline. We put them in mesh bags.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a candy buffet and personalized playing cards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards