Favors

Playing Cards?

What do you guys think about having personalized playing cards for favors? My FI and I play card games ALL of the time with out families, and we thought this was a perfect favor to reflect us, and that our guests would use them.

Re: Playing Cards?

• shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I generally say it's best to give gifts that are edible if you don't want them left on the table.  I personally think you can never have too many decks of cards so that is one favor I would take, despite it not being something I could eat.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Playing cards?  Great.  Personalized?  Not so great.  Consider getting some generic ones -- in your color, in your theme, but not with your names & date. People will remembe where they got them.
  • Juliet212Juliet212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would take the favor and USE them. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well the cards themselves are generic, but they come in a little personalized box, so its not so bad!
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like it, I agree that you can't have enough playing cards around the house lol. I wouldn't personalize them with your names or wedding date, maybe a quote or something else. I personally don't take personalized favors.

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Playing cards are great.  I'm not a big fan of personalizing stuff with your name and date, but cards wouldn't be as bad as some other "stuff" that might be personalized.

Go for it.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea.  I actually carry a deck in my purse in case DH and I are stuck somewhere and are in need of entertainment.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards