Favors

ordering M&Ms

Hi there!

I'm getting married May 27 and we plan to order orange and blue M&Ms as our favors (Go Gators!) I have a coupon for them but I need to place the order by 1/2/12. We'll need to store them for 5 months. My question is, do you think they'll keep? And how should I store them?

Re: ordering M&Ms

• edited December 2011
    M&Ms can keep forever. I would just store them in airtight containers in a cool dark place. You should be fine. Trust me, I'm sure that they've been on shelves in warehouses for longer than that =]

If you're really concerned, you could probably find the same deal closer to the wedding. One thing I've noticed while wedding planning is that they say a deal only lasts so long, just to pull out another deal once one expires. But that's up to you if you want to take that chance.

Good luck!
  • lehc723lehc723 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would think the hardest part would be not eating the M&Ms... ;)
    Anniversary
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can always get 10% off m&ms online, so I wouldn't rush into anything.

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If you are not planning on personalizing the M & M's, and are basically using them because of the colors and discount, I would also suggest you consider the candy "Sixlets".  You can order them online in bulk, in just about any color, and even without the 10% M & M discount, they are considerably less expensive.  I personally think there is little to no taste difference.

Unless you are specifically wanting chocolate, Jelly Belly's come in those colors as well, and again, are less expensive than the M & M's.  It's not that I have any issue whatsoever with M & M's......I'm just someone who likes to save where I can without compromising the theme :-)
  • edited December 2011
    We ordered M&M's last March for our August wedding.  We left them in their bags and sealed the bags in big rubbermaid bins (taped shut so no one could get into them - Lord knows I tried). Then we put the bins in my parents' basement, in a dark, cool room.  They were fine!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_ordering-mms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:7d89d477-8a07-47b2-b275-2e11e1eadee9Post:740dca76-c893-49b5-b7b9-f63d6ebec3e2">Re: ordering M&Ms</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would think the hardest part would be not eating the M&Ms... ;)
    Posted by lehc723[/QUOTE]

<div>This is why we are waiting as long as possible to order our chocolate rocks!</div>
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Grits8812Grits8812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they shouldnt have any touble keeping, as long as you can keep your paws out of them! but on the mms website you can order bulk bags in certain colors (whatever ones you choose). i say keep them at someone elses house thaty ou know wont eat them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards