Favors
Options

I need gift bag ideas!

Hi all!

Im having a destination wedding (next month! eep!) and I want to do gift bags for all of my guests as a thank you for travelling with us. At first I was thinking toiletries, but most people will bring those anyways, so I decided not to. Right now my plan is one bag per room/couple with 2 silk fans, a beach themed disposable camera, bubbles, a packet of tissues, a note pad shaped like a flip flop and luggage tags that will also tell people what table they're seated at. I'm also going to give each person a small key chain morracca ( I LOVE them and collect them, so I think it's cute) which I'll buy when we get there. I was going to have them delivered on the morning of the wedding or the day before.

I'm not giving a gift bag to the wedding party because they are getting seperate gifts. However, I am giving a bag to the significant others of the wedding party.

Have other people done this or thinking of doing this? Any other cool gift bag ideas??

Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I need gift bag ideas!

• Options
    gupsmomgupsmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What about lip balm or sunscreen?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're giving 1 bag per room with:
    2 bottles of water
    small package of tissues
    the local newspaper from the day of arrival'
    local maps and attractions information
    sunscreen
    trial size Advil's
    chewing gum
    stamped postcard from Litchfield Beach (where were having our ceremony and reception)
    starfish shaped sugar cookies
    Litchfield Beach car stickers (the kind modelled after European car stickers)

We using reusable shopping bags to put the items in and writing a nice handwritten note to everyone welcoming them to one of our favorite places in the world.

We have several children invited and they are getting a smaller, child friendly bag with playing cards, gum, cookies, capri sun, a small sketch pad, colored pencils, candy, and a plastic loggerhead turtle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you find some inexpensive beach bags to put the contents in? That would be cute and they could use the bag over again all summer.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards