Favors

Am I supposed to handle this?

Hello,

Wondering if I am supposed to be the one responsible for getting favors for my bachelorette party...or if the person planning it is?  How do I go about tactfully asking if they have thought of this? And are favors necessary or a nice to have?

Thanks!

Re: Am I supposed to handle this?

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of favors at a b-party.  I think that they can be easily skipped. 

IMO, it's things like favors at every pre-wedding event, and "special" ways of asking WPs, and potty baskets, and OOT bags, that have made the cost of weddings balloon to outrageous amounts.

::steps off soapbox and slowly backs away::
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • pita1127pita1127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good point, Trix!  I don't think we are doing favors for our wedding...instead we have allocated more to the food, drink, music. Most people forget to take the favors or don't even want them in my experience.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If there are going to be favors at your B-party, the hostess(es) should handle it.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    It's up to the host/hostess of a party to provide favors. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree - I wouldn't even do favors for the bachelorette party.  However, if favors are going to be done, it should be taken care of by whoever is planning the party.
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think favors at shower are a YES. But bachelorette party favors are a NO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards