Favors

What are you using for Favors???

Hi Knotties!! PLEASE tell me what you are doing for favors for your guests! I'm trying to think of something different than the usual pretty ribbon wrapped mini box with candy to fill, or candy already inside. And I don't like the idea of mini wine bottles, so if you have any other suggestions, please feel free to share! THANKS! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are you using for Favors???

• edited December 2011
    We are having cookies made. They are 2 huge cookies, one with chocolate chips, the other white chocolate macadamia. Then those are being wrapped with a ribbon, and a favor tag. We didnt want to spend money on something that people would just throw away, and mostly everyone loves cookies. So we went with that.
  • narrow56narrow56 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Two wedding I've gone to in the past month gave out personalized shot glasses. Very cute!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

Sorry, but I'm in the group that thinks edibles are the way to go.  I don't want anything with someone's name and date on it, I don't want seeds or a sapling to plant.  A little special snack is great.  Those are the favors that don't get left behind.

• mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are giving candles. They will be wrapped in tulle with our name and date so after the wedding it can be removed  and they use the candle without our info on it.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing acandy buffet and personalized playing cards.
  • hcohen0222hcohen0222 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Homeade black raspberry jam :) It's a tradition in my family!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    186 invitedimage 153 are ready to party!image 33 are missing outimage
    RSVP date September 28
  • edited December 2011
    Chocolate rocks.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Photobooth and the guests take their pictures home in magnetic picture frames.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_using-favors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:80197592-04e2-4237-bd36-6050036778d7Post:33740584-4729-4787-97f0-ab396facef22">Re: What are you using for Favors???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two wedding I've gone to in the past month gave out <strong>personalized shot glasses</strong>. Very cute!
    Posted by narrow56[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We're doing personalized shot glasses with "thank you" wrapped mints in them. I was going to do just plain paper boxes, but they were like $0.50 - $0.75 each and the shot glasses are only $1 each. I think the shot glasses look much nicer than paper boxes though so I'm getting them. I collect shot glasses and think a lot of my friends will like them. I fully expect some people not to take them, but I don't really mind.

</div>
  • landra310slandra310s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in October and are going with a fall theme for everything.  I decided on Caramel apples.  I found a site called Daffy apple that's pretty reasonable in price and has great clear plastic boxes to display them in (stick pokes out the top).  They were even cheaper than the local apple farms.  And I agree with the others, I've gotten the personalize martini glasses and stuff like that.. but I definitely prefer a cute food item!
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having three types to cover all  basis. Photobooth (they take home a set of photos), monogrammed cookies in the shape of seashells, and a candy buffet.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am a budget shopper so I am giving my guests a photo frame (6/$1.00 Dollar Tree)with our photo inside, mini gift bags which include mini pens (12/$2.00 Staples), advice cards(extra all purpose cards included with our invitations which we didn't use), bubbles 9/$1.00 Dollar Tree), and butter mints candy ( individually wrapped 120 pieces in the bag for $6.00 at AC Moore, use 50% off coupon making it only$3.00).
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not being very original, I'm doing monogramed cookies.
  • steveandtasteveandta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are doing candy and carmel apples too for an october wedding
    Photobucket invite1
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're considering chocolate covered pretzels, personalized M&Ms, cake pops, or cookies.

Everything would be homemade except for the M&Ms.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • 4n6chick4n6chick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was thinking about doing these candles - http://www.kateaspen.com/cherry-blossom-elegance-mini-candle-set_7D.html but thankfully I went to a local Party City to pick up one as a sample.  Somehow, even though I had looked at this candle online for at least a month if not longer, I had never noticed the measurements.

This thing is TINY.  Instead of 'mini pillar' it should say 'itty bitty will burn away in 15 minutes' candle.  I was really surprised.  There's no way I'd use that as a favor, and I sure as heck wouldn't pay $2 apiece for them.

I'm still contemplating their cherry blossom soap, but I'm not sure about it. 

I have a feeling we're going to end up doing candy or cookies.  I saw a place online that did macarons, but unfortunately they were only in NYC and didn't ship.  I looooooooove French macarons.

• Bett2012Bett2012 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing some sort of edible favour.

As a person who is allergic to many scents, please be sensitive (no pun intended!) about that when purchasing candles or soaps.  Even just having them on display in the room might be enough to make some guests get a scratchy throat and watery eyes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU for all of the feedback! I greatly appreciate it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but have you considered some sort of a local treat?  For example, in the area my H is from, there was an award-winning chocolate shop, so we added truffles to our favors. 
  • rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we actually have a few things we are giving our guests. Because we are having a picnic wedding our guests (minus elders and physically disables and parents) will be sitting on blankets I made myself and then each family/party can take home the blanket or basket (thats lining and decorating the aisle) home. The baskets will also be filled with bubbles for our recession, and water and snacks to tide the guests over while they wait. For our reception our table centerpeices will be potted flowers and herbs for the guests to take home (I hate fresh cut flowers as they die and what would they do with silk ones). We are also having mini baskets filled with candy for each of our guests. The majority of our guests dont drink but I am going to make hangover kits for the ones that do (power/gatorade, 2pak advil, protein bar, earplugs).
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards