Favors
Options

Favors for destination wedding

We are having a destination wedding.  It's small, maybe only 15 people including us.  We weren't really going to have a reception but maybe just go to dinner afterwards.
How would you handle favors: have them, skip them...etc.  Thoughts on that?  Thanks

Re: Favors for destination wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having a DW in Paris...same boat as you, only about 15 people including us attending.  We've booked a private room to have a dinner in afterwards (no dance or cake or anything like that though).  I'm giving everyone a box of Laduree (http://www.laduree.fr/) macaroons on their place setting as their favour.
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's only 15 people I would either skip or do something really nice.  I know I'm at either end of the idea but with 15 people they might not even notice that there's no favors.  On the other hand, you have the chance to do something really nice for your guests (and incorporate your destination) and not spend a ton of money on favors.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    janeylajaneyla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the same thing you are about to do almost three years ago..... I found out everyones shoe size and had havaiana flip flops for everyone in attendance.  I gave them to everyone upon arrival so they could wear them for the entire trip!
    Hope this helps and Congrats..... Destination weddings are the best!
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of luggage tags as favors for weddings that involved travel.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a gift certificate for a store, restaurant, or massage in the area of the destination wedding? They could use it before they leave, or give them out as a "thank you" before the wedding.

Good luck.
  • Options
    jensgf2010jensgf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For a destination wedding, I love several ideas.
    Soap favors, luggage tag favors, or this one site had these cute guest photo album favors and they holds 40 4x6 photos. I seen them @ http://tinyurl.com/ylln4qu under the favors by theme and then the beach favors section.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding in Waterford, Ireland this July 30,2010. We are expecting 40-60 guests. Any suggestions on favors or guest bags?
  • Options
    chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Come on over to the DW board and XP this there.  To be honest, most of us are skipping the favors because we're also doing OOT bags.  If you feel you HAVE to have something small at each place setting, I'd wait until you get there and do something local - a local candy, magnet, pre-stamped postcards, or something the area is known for (ie maple syrup for a Vermont wedding.)   Just remember to keep it edible or small so your guests don't have to waste suitcase space to take it back home.

For Ireland, I'd get in touch with the tourism bureau and see what they can give you for your OOT bags - they usually have maps & coupons that your guests would love. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards