Favors
Options

Cook Smores as Wedding Favor?

Instead of the standard wedding favor, we're thinking about ending the wedding with a smores station. The caterer cooks the smores in front of the guests and guests can grab smores before they leave. I've been to a few weddings recently and have forgotten the favors each time. I think this option may stand out a little, but am not sure. What do you think? thanks!

Re: Cook Smores as Wedding Favor?

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm definitely an advocate of edible favors, so I think you're on the right track. My only concern with this idea is that s'mores can be rather messy, and your guests will be dressed up.

I think if you had a s'more bar not as a favor, but simply as a dessert option during the evening it might work out better logistically. That way, your guests can enjoy their s'mores on a plate, at a table, instead of having to grab them on their way out the door and figure out how to eat/transport them in a moving vehicle.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree about the messy factor. I have seen smore favors. 2 graham crackers, a marshmellow and mini chololate bar in a little baggie. Maybe something like that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a GREAT idea! And very unique! :)
  • Options
    evony20evony20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! I forgot to mention that the smores will be on skewers and plates will be available. We're going to move forward with the smores. We'll have a sign infront of the person who'll be preparing them that'll say something like "please enjoy our favorite sweet treat as a token of our appreciation for sharing our special day with us."
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the idea! Maybe provide boxes for guests to take them home in. :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also love this idea! :) Smores are delicious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very cute!  We are doing a smores bar as dessert for our rehearsal since it's just immediate family and we are all staying in the same lodge.  But one idea I found that could work for you, dip a roasted marshmellow in melted chocolate and roll in graham cracker crumbs, let dry for a few and hand off to people.  Slightly less messy than the sandwich version.  Not sure if that's what you were already planning since you said they'd be on skewers. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

If your guests have been drinking, not sure they would want a smore right when they leave.  I think it is a cute idea, just throwing the alcohol thing out there for consideration.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards