Favors

What to put in a breakfast in a box/bag?

So the previous thread about breakfast in a box gave me the perfect option to an alternative to my hang over kits (for those guests who dont drink). I just dont know what to put in the breakfast kit. My hang over kits will have some sort of electrolite drink, crackers, advil, ear plugs, a breathmint. 

Some of the things that FI and I came up with are:
-individual ceral boxes
-instant oatmeal packages
-granola bars
-orange juice packets
-teabags/intstant coffee

I dont know what combination of items to put in the bag or if there are any other things I could consider to put in my kits. Home baked items are out of the question because I am making my own wedding cake so I will be busy the last how many days before the wedding working on that.
Pumpernickel and olive juice

Re: What to put in a breakfast in a box/bag?

• KTina&BJKTina&BJ member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I would do something like pancake mix, syrup, jam and then some sort of juice. Thats way it all goes good together. Or go on swisscolony.com and get ideas from there. I remember my mom always ordering thing like those for christmas morning growing up so maybe youll get an idea from there.
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to do a baked good, it can be a packaged one, not a home made one.  That way it'll keep and you won't be stressed with more baking.  You can do a muffin, danish, etc.
  • rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_put-breakfast-boxbag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:82f46195-231b-4787-8b24-9029868e693bPost:0a65a1eb-8ff9-4b60-9c3e-1dc727de22f5">Re: What to put in a breakfast in a box/bag?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you want to do a baked good, it can be a packaged one, not a home made one.  That way it'll keep and you won't be stressed with more baking.  You can do a muffin, danish, etc.
    Posted by gmcr78[/QUOTE]

<div>Unfortunatley I would get laughed at and made fun of if I did packaged baked goods. I am a baker/pastry chef and my friends and family would expect a homemade baked good if I were to stick one in the kits. I dont know If I would have the freezer space for 75 breakfast items if I were to make them ahead of time.</div>
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • edited December 2011
    Scones or biscotti and an instant coffee, such as the ones that Starbucks sells. Cereal bars and mini bottles of orange juice. The container shop sells tiny plastic juice carafe with lids so you could buy regular sized (and regular priced) and put them in the fun bottles with a custom label.
    If you do mini boxes of cereal be sure to add those little milk cartons, like the ones kids get in grade school at lunch.
    Luna makes these really yummy mini protein bars and you can get variety packs. They are women's protein bars but the flavors are actually good and they are the perfect size.

My cousin had hangover kits and she included a seeping mask, she had some in each of her wedding colors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards