Favors
Options

Oreo truffles??

I've seen these oreo truffles(crushed up oreos mixed with cream cheese dipped in chocolate) that people make for favors does anyone have any info on them have them? how to make them? if there good favors?

Re: Oreo truffles??

• Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you google Oreo truffles receipes, there are tons of recipes that come up if you are planning on making them on your own. 
  • Options
    shatrbug_2001shatrbug_2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    one regular package of oreos crushed in a food processor....add in one 8oz block of cream chese and mix in processor well. Roll into balls and place on wax paper and refrigerate. Melt Candi-Quick chocolate (milk or vanilla favored) and dip balls in chocolate and place on wax paper and refrigerate again.

Very easy to make and always a crowd pleaser!
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds DELICIOUS.  I think it sounds like a great favour!  How did I not know such a thing existed?
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's the time frame on these? Being that they have to be refrigerated to set, but also have cream cheese...how long would they be able to sit on a table before needing to be refrigerated?
  • Options
    shatrbug_2001shatrbug_2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Making them doesn't take long a couple of hours and there done, as for how long before they need to be refrigerated I would say a few hours.
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I make them I put them in the freezer.  Especially if I know I'm going to be putting them out at a party or something.  Plus, they're easier to dip in the chocolate.  You can decorate them all nice too with sprinkles or nuts or white chocolate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards