Favors
Options

welcome bags... any good sites/ ideas??

Just wondering if anyone has any good websites  or ideas for welcome bags for the guests who are staying at the hotel for the wedding. What are you including in yours and where did you find decent, affordable bags?? thanks!!

Re: welcome bags... any good sites/ ideas??

• Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I bought the boxes from another knottie on the trash to treasure board, so look there.

As far as for the items to go inside, almost all of ours came from minimus.biz
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We got our bags from www.wasatcht.com. We got married in New Orleans and did a streetcar/ city theme so we got that printed on it.  We did a natural canvas bag and stuffed it with city maps, restaurant guide, and new orlean's goodies: chocolates, pralines, water, zapp's chips, hot sauce, moon pie.  We got all our stuffers at Sam's club.  I'm going to try and insert a pic of them here so i hope it works!

ok, the pic thing is not working.... if you want me to email you the pic, let me know :)

• Options
    MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my bags from Michaels and the labels from Michaels what I plan on putting in them I am not too sure yet

• Options
    snalewaysnaleway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used clear bags from a party store and used ribbon that matched our wedding colors. My husband and I typed up a note welcoming our guests and we filled the bags with local treats. We purchased local candies and chocolate covered cherries (a speciality of Door County). We also put in some of our favorites, mini Kit-Kats and mints.

Our guests loved them. I think you can put what ever you want to in the bags. It's the thought that counts and a nice welcome to your guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got personalized canvas bags on the knot during the $5 bag blowout sale.  Some of the things we put in them are:
    - Welcome note
    - Maps of the area (you can personalize one at weddingmapper.com)
    - Tums
    - Advil
    - Kleenex
    - Wet wipes
    - Chapstick
    - Local snacks (Cape Cod chips perhaps since you're on the east coast?)
    - Bottled water
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with beterrel on this one.  I plan on getting plain bags from Michael's or a party store, putting a label on them and a note in there and then filling with not only treats but practical stuff like advil, tissues, etc so that guests can use it for the wedding or day after and while they stay.  I think fun mixed with practicality is always a good thing.
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards