Favors

Purell

So, my FI and I are both germophobes who probably wash our hands and use Purell too often.  In trying to find a practical favor that represents us, I was thinking about little bottles of Purell, with a tag that says something like "Here's to a long and healthy marriage."

Is it stupid?  Our wedding will be in late October, just as cold- and flu-season are starting.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Purell

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    A favor should be a thank you to your guests and something  they will will enjoy, not a reflection of your germaphobia.  In all honesty, I think you would have a lot of guests who would think it was kind of strange.
  • edited December 2011
    I would use it... but I would find it completely strange. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. It doesn't feel like a present to me. 
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think if its something most people know about you they might think it's cute. It's personal. I would take one! haha
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I was worried people might not think it was appropriate as a favor.  I have just gotten so many tiny picture frames, candles, knickknacks, etc., and we are trying to be as eco-friendly as possible and not give things that will end up in the garbage.  

We are giving each couple/family a seedling, but really wanted something to put at each setting and are on a super-limited budget.  We don't live near where the wedding will be and I work and am going to grad school more than full-time, so I won't be able to bake or anything the few days before the wedding, and I was trying to avoid the candy route.

Thank you for your opinions, ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would use it-- I can't ever have too much santizer. But I will say, it does sound like a strange favor =)

Photobucket
  • MissKate2011MissKate2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds strange to me... lots of people don't use it as it's not good for you
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like the idea, I would use the word unique rather than strange.  Especially if you put the tag on, I think it's cute :)
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would feel weird if I got this as a favor.
  • DancerppfDancerppf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its unique a quirky. I suggest that you give Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer instead of Purell. They have the 5 for $5 miniature bottles. You can get different scents and it would seem more like a gift.
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh!  I hadn't even thought of that!  Thank you, Dancerppf!  Based on so many pepole thinking it wasn't very favor-ish, we were thinking of trying to make something, but that would be way easier and would be nicer than a little bottle of Purell.

Thank you so much! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kgorman307kgorman307 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you did this with a bag of candy as well? That would make more sense to me - use the antibacterial lotion, then eat the candy with your freshly-germ-free hands?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards