Favors
Options

Candy Buffet

I want to do a candy buffet for my wedding....is it ok to make that  the only favor- since its gonna be somewhat expensive since im on a strict budget? 

plus i live in alabama and am getting married next summer outside- unsure if buffet will be located inside or out. any ideas on candies to use? my colors are bright pink,bright blue, and bright green....

Re: Candy Buffet

• Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do it inside.  And yes you are fine to do that as your favor.  You can get little bags for people to take them home in.  You might find some sites if you google that sell candy wrapped in certain colors.  I know you can get colored M&Ms on their site in just about any color, but they aren't cheap. 
    We had some chocolates at each place setting at my shower, and since my colors were pink, black, and white I bought a ton of chocolate on clearance after Valentine's Day.  Thats what my friend did for her wedding too since her colors were red and black. 

I wouldn't worry too much about your colors matching though.  Those aren't common holiday colors, or colors that candy usually comes in, so I think it would be very difficult to find candy in that colors, or very expensive.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's perfectly fine for the candy buffet to be the favor.  Candywarehouse.com lets you pick your candy by color.  However, it isn't the cheapest site to order the candy from--you might just want to look there for ideas.  I ordered my candy from metrocandy.com and bulkfoods.com and my M&Ms from sweetbe.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a candy buffet is a great favor. People can pick what they like and you won't end up with a bunch of individual favors left on tables at the end of the night. You may be able to pick up some candy inexpensively by getting it on clearance after Easter (not sure if your wedding is early or late summer though). I would see if you have a bulk food store local to you. The one in my town is awesome and locally owned. They have been great about letting people get a discount when you add to their next order. I saw one lady who was talking to them and she wanted to order candy for a function and they just charged her cost plus shipping and a 10% markup.
    I would definitely have the candy bar inside. You don't want everything to melt or get stuck together. Also, try Ikea, TJ Maxx, Homegoods, consignment shops and your closet for inexpensive containers. Also, be creative about what types of containers you use- flower pots, vases, canisters, bowls, trays, galvanized buckets, trash bins (not used of course! :)), baskets and decorative boxes could all be lovely if done right.
  • Options
    moyers522moyers522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much everyone! another item i can put a definite on :D
  • Options
    bekahjane89bekahjane89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a candy bar and originally I was going to add the expense of buying jars and random other containers...but then as I unpacked the gobs of family crystal I realized how stupid I was being - so maybe that would be an option for you for your containers. I also second the vase idea - I'm also using some cut glass vases we have an abundance of (plus you can pick them up cheap at walmart and resale shops all the time!)
    Beka Lou
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards