Favors

HELP I need to figure out a favor!!!

Ive been trying to go through all the posts to get ideas on what to do for favors.... but I am still lost! We're having a rustic style wedding at a ski lodge with a nice woodsy country feel. but i have NO idea what to do as favors... and I really don't want to use food/candy (everyone does it!!! And I want something that stands out) but I don't want to spend a fortune either... if anyone has any 'different' ideas please let me know.... I can really use the help!!!! Thank!

Re: HELP I need to figure out a favor!!!

• Wow, yes you are correct, lots of bridesa are using the Candy Buffet and Desset Tables but it's because they are practicle edible wedding favors and everybody LOVES them! We offer Cupcake PushPops, check out www.AdrienneBowenEvents.com Your can add labels with your mesg on them as well.  I have to say, we are super busy through out the year with Sweet Tables, they rock every time.  Sooooo, you may have to put a spin on it w/ Cupcake Push Pops...kinda new! Ohh yeah and dont forget about the Chocolate Fountain, we have Milk, Dark, White and just about any color! you can have premade Mashmellow Pops that the guest can take away...I think that would be awesome for the ski lodge.  Check out the site, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and happy planning!

The Candy Team   
  • adrienne bowen you cannot advertise your business.  So annoying.

• I like being different too, but food/candy is something most people enjoy and won't be wasted money like nic nacs that get left behind.

But...I saw a picture on pinterest that had these tiny glass jars with what looked like a tiny succulent plan. 

Birdseed shaped into hearts hanging from twine so you can hang on a tree at home for the birds!

• I like PPs idea of birdseed, and you could do seed packets of local flowers, too (which come in different shapes)...assuming most of your guests live in states where the flowers are native/would not be intrusive.  Pinecone potpourri is really nice, too. 
  • Personalized Chapstick is unique and relatively cheap. Very useful!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maybe flower seeds, or a DIY plant/herb/flower/veggie starter kit...Dollar stores are amazing! :)
  • I would avoid the DIY plant/herb/flower starter idea unless you are certain all of your guests enjoy gardening and things like that.  I have seen little plants or candles that go over well. 

But, the reason why "everyone does" edible favors, is because more people enjoy them. Non edible favors tend to get left behind and then you are stuck with 100 shot glasses with your name on them.
  • On of my MOH's just got married in sept and had a similar theme. She did different flavors of jelly in mason jars with burlap lids. She attatched tags with their initials and date. I know you said no food, but it was really cool and went well with the theme
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Since your wedding is at a ski lodge, the first thing I think of is winter and snow.  Are you doing a winter wedding?  If so, some gourmet hot chocolate in small jars could be cute.  Or some companies (I think Godiva is one of them) make hot cocoa truffles that could be cute. 

•  

How about mason jars with candles in them. I like the jelly in mason Jars idea too. Its easy. and you could ad a tag to the mason jar with their name and the date of the wedding and the date the jelly was made. Even could do different types of jelly. Or honey is another idea. A lot of that stuff can be bought at farmers markets or all natural stores. Depending on the time of the year you could do pumpkins for slices of pie. If you use boxes or bags make them burlap bags wooden boxes or just wooden looking to cut costs.  

I could be going in the wrong direction of rustic but here are some pictures for ideas too. Raspberries in a tin or even dig out the electrical saw and find a good 4" thick branch. Cut it into pieces and write on each piece.
  • I found a wonderful website that provides inspiration images of favors and candy bars and where to purchase products to get that dream image. Check it out and good luck!

• janegoodey - apparently you missed the pesky little part of the terms of service where vendors arent allowed to advertise on the boards.  How can you trust a vendor who can't follow rules?  All of your posts advertise the website in your post.

reported.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_help-i-need-to-figure-out-a-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:8bcedb30-91b6-403b-865b-e435de9433fbPost:86c26b94-8a05-4ca6-84e4-d5da907d218f">Re: HELP I need to figure out a favor!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about 1. personalized tea coin LINK REMOVED<div> 2. engraved chopsticks LINK REMOVED</div><div>l 3. engraved spoon + folk -LINK REMOVED
    Posted by bestgiftsforwedding[/QUOTE]

</div><div>FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ANOTHER VENDOR!!  Why would anyone trust a vendor who can't even abide by the terms of service they agreed to when coming on the knot? You have advertised this link on every one of your posts. Reported. </div>
  • I did candles  in mini buckets can make them as rustic as u like.. type is candle makeing supplies  and check different sites out
  • Thanks for all the advice! We decided to go with personalized coasters that we made ourselfs out of 4x4 bathroom tile, modgepodge and our engagement photos. Useful, cute and personalized. Pain in the butt YES but cute as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards