Favors
Options

How much is too much?

I would like to do a candy buffet as our favors. We have four wedding colors- chocolate brown, light pink, light blue, and white. I would like to do:

1 tub of pink mms
1 tub of blue mms
1 tub of brown mms
1 tub of pink jelly beans
1 tub of blue jelly beans
1 tub choc covered almonds
1 tub choc covered pretzels
1 tub white choc covered pretzels
1 tub or plain white mints

There will be around 100 people at the wedding, and I was wondering if this is too much variation? Or just too much candy period? The tubs I'm looking at will fit about two gallons of candy in them.
Thanks a bunch! -Ashley

Re: How much is too much?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it is too much variation, but that may be a lot of candy overall, maybe don't fill them all that way to the top, oh, and if it is possible, I think it would be awesome to make each of the m&m's a different kind (the brown could be plain, the pink could be peanut, and the blue could be peanut butter) I don't know if this is possible, but I think it would be cool, just make sure to label if you do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can never have too much stuff!  How were your guests going to take this stuff home?  this site http://www.platinumgoodies.com/categories/Party-Essentials/Containers/ has some cool favor boxes
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're going to be eating a lot of candy after your wedding.  That's 18 gallons of candy right there.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think that's way too much.  I did 1/2 lb. of candy per person or around 75 lbs. for 150 people and it was too much.  I think 1/4 lb. per person is closer.  I had a ton left over.  For 100 people, I would suggest 35 lbs. of candy to no more than 50 lbs. total.  Not sure how that measures out in gallons.  I had 7 different types of candy.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's adorable!

It would be even cuter if you have personalized containers with your name, wedding date on them for everyone to put their candy in.  That would be super cute!

Here's a idea, this website is awesome and has everything!

http://thefavorlounge.theaspenshops.com/product/personalized-glass-favor-jars.html/categoryid=53ffb3b2-371e-424c-8764-18fc94eb440e
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where do you get candy in bulk from? I am trying to figure out what I want to do for a favor.  Its an outside wedding with Appetizers and cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to just go with MMS in our wedding colors. My mother told me we have FOUR chocolate fountains to our disposal so we're going to use those for the guests  to dip theyre own pretzels and things in. We're going to prefill the favor boxes and set them on each place setting and call it a day. Although we might put a small jar of any leftover MMS on the dessert bar so the kids can have some. We're just going to order them online at MMS.com
  • Options
    wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'd cut out the brown MMs..since u have other brown items.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards