Favors

Gum and TicTacs in a candy buffet. Yes or no?

I am having a candy buffet and have bought a bunch of different candy, and along with it I have a ton of gum and TicTacs I got for free (I'm a big couponer, if I can get it for free or close to it I usually will) thinking I could put it in the candy buffet. Now I'm thinking it will be tacky, though. I still have plenty of candy without it, so we won't miss it.  I was thinking maybe it would be something the older people might like better than the regular candy. What do you think? Will gum and TicTacs look weird in the candy buffet?

Re: Gum and TicTacs in a candy buffet. Yes or no?

• McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as there is other candy, I don't think it would be tacky. It sounds like a great way to get rid of it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My daughter and her friends are gum-aholics.  They would definitely take advantage of it!  That said, if you aren't sure whether the candy bar is an appropriate choice, we are filling all the OOT bags and "kits" for the bridal party with  gum and mints.  If you are toying with either of those ideas, you could make use of the gum and mints there as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I think that's a great idea. Are you labeling the candy containers?
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it's tacky at all. More selection is always a good idea! Go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would put it in baskets in the restrooms. Maybe along with hairspray, spray deodorant, tampons, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_gum-tictacs-candy-buffet-yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:8f015ec4-f4d2-4d27-bfa1-17b71f236db5Post:78fd4496-2796-4274-abdb-69923f73d18d">Re: Gum and TicTacs in a candy buffet. Yes or no?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would put it in baskets in the restrooms. Maybe along with hairspray, spray deodorant, tampons, etc.
    Posted by MrsAnneOnymous[/QUOTE]

Ditto this!
  • PRINCESSABBYPRINCESSABBY member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I put it in the candy buffet it will be labeled just because everything else will be labeled, but it's all in the sealed packages.
  • edited December 2011
    be careful with the gum if theres kids 
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    100% yes. i'm big on minty flavours like gum and tictacs. and at social occassions always make sure i have some in my purse for fresh breath purposes. not to be mean but i often wish other people did too : ) love the idea.
  • edited December 2011
    Use it, the more you have the more people will be able to find something they will like.
    Buying A Home Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards