Favors
Options

Cookie favors: to freeze or not to freeze?

During the first date my fiance and I had we made chocolate chip cookies.  They were the most expensive homemade cookies ever since he had no cookie ingredients in his bachelor pad and we had to go buy flour, sugar, everything including the baking sheet!

We thought it would be fun to give out a couple of cookies in nice little cellophane bag packs at the guests' plates with a little story about our first date.  I'm planning to make them in advance and freeze them so I'm not madly baking during wedding week, and I'm wondering if anyone has done this -- do you put them into the cellophane bags and then freeze them, or do you bake them and freeze them in one big container and put them into the bags a couple of days before the wedding?  I'm worrying about pre-bagging them and then they get soggy in the bags when they defrost.  Any advice?

Re: Cookie favors: to freeze or not to freeze?

• Options
    edited December 2011

What a cute and creative idea! I would freeze them without the bags.Then when it's closer to your date pull them out, let them thaw, then stick them in the bags.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen something like this is a bridal mag....They had a heart shaped cookie wrapped up along with the cookie cutter.  I'm sure you could buy the cookie cutters cheap in bulk if you wanted to do that along with the cookies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds great!  Since you have time before the wedding, could you do a trial run.  Make a batch & freeze a few in the bags.  Just make sure the container that you put the bags in to freeze is airtight.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I think making a batch before and putting in bags is a good trial activity... if they get soggy I'll just bag them the week of the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards