Favors
Options

Do you think personalized shot glass is a good favor?

I was thinking about getting some shotglasses personalized for a favor.I would put it in a box and tie ribbon around it. I noticed a lot of people were saying edible favors are the preferred favors but I have a chocolate fountain with plenty of sweets, cheeses, tortes and fruits. So that is why I'm trying to stay away from edible favors. I wanted to give people something useful with a personal touch.
What do you ladies think?

Re: Do you think personalized shot glass is a good favor?

• Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would take one but only because we have a bar in our basement with shelves behind it that we have various glasses/bottles on.  Do you think this is something that the majority of your guests would take & keep?  With our guestlist I would guess maybe a dozen people would take one,,,what would we do with the rest? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How do you plan on personalizing them? I would never take something home that had the bride and groom's name on it, because to me, that's just weird. Why would I want someone else's name on my stuff in my house?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your names and/or wedding date are on there, I would either leave it at the reception or throw it in the nearest trash can on my way home.  Your wedding day is incredibly special to you.  To your guests, it's just another day.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually went to a wedding where this was their favor.  Shot glasses, IMO, pass the personalization test.  No one has nice, matching sets of shot glasses.  Everyone has random ones they collected from different places, so I think this is something that's okay to personalize.  I think it's fine in this case and I think if some people don't take it, then others probably will snatch up the leftovers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Marissa.

It really depends on your guests, too.  One of H's cousins got married earlier this year, and they did personalized shot glasses as their favors.  A majority of their guests drink, a lot.  I saw H's mom going around to tables at the end of the night and loading up her purse with shot glasses that people had left behind.

To me, shot glasses are something that I don't want a matching set.  I like having different ones.  Let's face it, if you are doing shots, it's not like you are trying to be classy.  Like if you're having a nice dinner, you want to use matching wine glasses, but doing shots, really no one is going to care if they match.
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would take it, I don't mind mis-matched shot-glasses. But I also have a bar with a bunch of different glasses so I may be biased.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of doing the same thingfor my wedding!! I am having a destination wedding so i am a little worried about packing them.....but a really good idea is to put tea light candles in them and have them lit on all the tables during the reception :) So they serve two purposes!! I think its a great idea. A lot of people collect shot glasses from different locations they visit so why not one of a special day!!! I think the guest would love it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a good idea.. But I don't think everyone will take their favor :)

Everyone else said it... and i agree. Nobody has matching shot glasses!  I have random ones, and I laugh and talk about the specific shot glasses when we use them. I actually wish I had a few more, but would never buy them. I recieved all mine as gifts for helping out when someone was out of town.

If they are within your budget.. i say do it! Especially if you guys are drinkers & like to have fun :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto guide2....the wedding I was at that had shot glasses as favors, they put tea light candles in them and made them part of the table decoration.
  • Options
    tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_think-personalized-shot-glass-good-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:9b138ac7-1d56-4ae8-b53f-b3c73425e84bPost:49e0c96c-b3a0-400d-ad9f-a7e55cebbf36">Re: Do you think personalized shot glass is a good favor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually went to a wedding where this was their favor.  Shot glasses, IMO, pass the personalization test.  No one has nice, matching sets of shot glasses.  Everyone has random ones they collected from different places, so I think this is something that's okay to personalize.  I think it's fine in this case and I think if some people don't take it, then others probably will snatch up the leftovers.
    Posted by marissa_claire[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I probably wouldn't take it home, but neither would I be offended or think it was a bad idea.
  • Options
    psuxray07psuxray07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love it!  We have a good amount of shot glasses, and I just like collecting them.  We plan on having a bar when we buy a house, and I would add it to the collection.  I love having a bunch of different shot glasses!
    *12.31.10*New Year's Eve!*
    *BFP 1.3.13* IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto marissa on this being one personalized thing I would keep.  We have a huge collection of shot glasses between the 2 of us, and we don't have 2 of the same.  I love collecting them from different places to remember, so a friends wedding would definitely be a keeper for me.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would only keep it if it didn't have your names and wedding date printed on it.  I think a love quote or something general would encourage more people to keep them.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards