Favors
Options

Help! Is this tacky?

hkb18hkb18 member
First Comment
We are doing small bottles of wine as our favors because me and my fiance love wine.  They are about $4-$5 a bottle and we are having about 225-250 guests.  We were going to put a sign by the favors to take one bottle per family...."Please take a bottle for your family so other guests can enjoy as well"...(something like that).  Does this sound alright or should we get a bottle for each person?  Thanks!

Re: Help! Is this tacky?

• Options
    I think one FULL SIZED bottle of wine is okay for a couple to share, but for a smaller bottle I would do one per (adult) person.   

Maybe you can set them out at each place setting instead of having them out at a table, to keep guests from taking more than one.    You could also tie a placecard around the neck of the wine bottle (or do personalized lables or something) with the guest's name, so these could double as placecard holders.   

If you are having kids you could substitute a bottle of soda at their place setting, like an old-fashioned glass coke bottle, IBC root beer, or even sparkling cider if you can find mini bottles.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I agree with Avion - a mini bottle is appropriate per person, not per couple or family.  Also, just a thought to add.  You said you and your FI love wine.  Do your guests all love it?  I'm not knocking your choice at all, I'm just wondering if you are choosing a favor you would like and not considering if the majority of your guests will enjoy it.  That is a lot of money to spend so I'm just throwing that out there.
  • Options
    harpsdesireharpsdesire member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I think most people like wine!  No edible thing will be to the taste of every single guest.

In my mind the easiest and most polite way to do this would be to add a gift tag with the names of the adults in each family and put the bottles on the tables.  This gets the message across without a sense of 'finger wagging'.
  • Options
    hkb18hkb18 member
    First Comment
    Thanks!  We found this vendor (valencialiquor.com) that has a big variety of wines.  You can mix all the varieties when you order which we plan on doing so hopefully there will be something there that everyone will likes!
  • Options
    Wow at $4-5 a bottle, I would do one per family and label them with the families names so they know just to take one, without the sign. Lable it the same you labeled their invites, i.e: Esther Flynn and Family, thank you for sharing our special day,  etc...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I hope I go to a wedding with wine favors. If no one likes it they can give theirs to me! Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards