Favors
Options

Is this idea even appealing or cute?

My fiance and I are getting married July 2, and I've been looking all around the internet for favor ideas! While I am a chemistry student and he works in the IT field as a systems administrator, we thought it might be nice to have our favors reflect our hobbies--I love to read and write short stories, and he is a second-degree black belt in tae kwon do.

I found a website that detailed how to make little ninja pencil toppers out of pipe cleaners--I was thinking maybe making the ninja in a blue gi (since blue is one of our colors) and wrapping it around personalized pens with our names and wedding date.

Am I wearing wedding blinds? Is this only cute to me? What do you all think?
Anniversary

Re: Is this idea even appealing or cute?

• Options
    kmsst48kmsst48 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Martha Stewart had a woman make rings out of pipe cleaners as favors and the audience ate it up. I think that as long as it's something you like then go with it.It's super cute to reflect both of your hobbies. 
    May 2013 August Siggy: The Hair AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NO idea! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm......part of me thinks it is cute b/c I like that you are incorporating your hobbies, but part of me knows I wouldn't have much use for a pencil topper.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    nannewmurnannewmur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would not use this or want this.  I think you might be spending a lot of time on something that most people won't care about.

• Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My H is a science teacher who wants to be a ninja - he would love this!  It really is cute but that's about as far as it goes.  I don't think it's practical enough to be worth the time you would put into it. 

Edible will seldom be complained about (unless you just choose something really odd).  Is there anyway you could order candy bar wrappers with the ninja on it?  I've seen personalized wrappers at other weddings but am not sure just how much personalization you can do (pictures or is it just names/dates).
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would not want that, no offense.

You could make it the pen for your guest book though?!  You'll need an explantory note beside it though.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards