Favors

Donations as Favors

Hey..I came across http://www.platinumgoodies.com -- and if you buy favors from them, they will donate to Susan G. Komen.  I think that's a pretty unique idea.  You can get your favors and donate at the same time. 

Re: Donations as Favors

• graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There has been a ton of debate about donation favors on TK. The consensus has been that a gift to someone else isn't a gift to your guests and that favors are thank you's for people who've joined you on your big day. Thought I'd let you know since some people get really adamant about this.
    Photobucket
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    edited December 2011
    graysquirrel:  you've misread her post.  I'm guessing that you didn't check the link.  It's for standard type favors, but 10% of the proceeds go to Komen BCR.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    edited December 2011
    Stage:  I didn't take it as yelling or scolding at all!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PP.  Hey... anyone know where all the flip flop post went??? 
  • RavenBeautieRavenBeautie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea!!
    Danielle & Anthony 10~31~10
    Our Photo Book!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards