Favors
Options

Looking for favor inspiration! What are you doing for your wedding favors?

Just because I am curious and trying to gather inspiration:

What are you doing for wedding favors?

Also, what is the best/most unique favor you've even seen at a wedding?

Thanks ladies! :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot!

Re: Looking for favor inspiration! What are you doing for your wedding favors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I too am in the same boat as you. I am not 100% sure what I want to do yet, but I have seen many things...all of which I personally don't want to do.

I have seen:
     Shot glasses
    Chocolate
    Picture Frames
    Candles
    Grow your own Herb garden (seeds and a planter)
    book marks
    Maple Syrup

I know right now a photo booth is very popular, kind of expensive  but if you can work it into the budget it would be worth it.

Good luck on your search!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I did a candy buffet and mini-champagne bottles.  If I had it to do over again, I would have only done the candy buffet.

Photobooths are very popular where I live.  One of the girls on my local board did homemade jelly from the peaches from a family orchard or something and that was really cool.  Another thing that is done alot where I live is late night snacks or dessert bars instead of favors.

• Options
    angel2210angel2210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing homemade sugar cookies. FI's grandma had a recipe that was her mom's recipe and they were family famous. Major tradition on the family fishing vacation every year. The most amazing cookies I've ever had. She passed away a year ago last October and we decided the cookies would be a great way to have a little piece of her there with us.

We're also considering doing personalized Jones sodas because we're both huge Jones soda addicts. Not fully decided on that one though because they're kind of pricey.

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

I like the sugar cookie idea, especially since it has such meaning behind it for you!

Could someone explain to me the whole photo booth concept? I've heard a bunch of people talk about how great it is, but I don't really understand how it works.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen one personally but you rent the booth and have it where people can go at their leisure and take pictures.  Most of the time, there will be props also:  hats, boas, tiaras, etc.  Some girls have picture frames as table favors that the guests can frame the pictures in as well.  I think somehow there is a picture for the guest and then one for the bride and groom to keep also but honestly, I don't know how it works.  I know they are a lot of fun though. 
  • Options
    JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing personalized matchbook and koozies since we're having a beach wedding!

Good luck planning!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiancee is a chef so we ordered personalized chocolate molds and are doing chocolate cups, with personalized chocolates inside. Then we are putting them in clear bags with a thank you note and a ribbon. It should be fun. We had a lot of fun making doing up some samples to have people try. Plus I like the fact that it is made by us. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have quite a few that we are deciding between:
    -mini maple syrup
    -mini jam or honey
    -shot glasses filled with m&m's in our colors
    -heart shaped measuring spoons w/ a family recipe
    -heart shaped cookie cutters w/ my cookie recipe
    -wildflower seeds
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    blakej76 - that is an awesome idea!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

After going back and forth for a while trying to pick something unisex, we decided on homemade cookies as favors.  We're getting married in October, so we're using leaf-shaped cookie cutters and decorating them with fall-colored icing once they're done.  You can buy wax-coated favor bags, and some places will even personalize the bag with a design/monogram and your wedding date.  You can fold over the top of the bag, use a hole puncher to punch a couple of holes and thread matching ribbon to tie the bag shut.  I saw pictures of the finished product that another bride did and they looked amazing!  We're having an evening wedding, so the favors can serve as a good late-night snack.  Good luck!

• Options
    makerofpeacemakerofpeace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are donating to a local charity in our area...I saw it at a wedding and thought it was a great idea.  We are making a little card for each place setting saying where we are making the donation to.  It fits with us and our keep it local theme..just an idea
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the donating idea! It really fits in with what I want for our wedding!

Thanks ladies, you have filled my head with ideas, and I'm excited about it now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite favor ever was a burned and personalized CD of the couples favorite love songs. I still listen to it almost every week & their wedding was 6 years ago. Everybody hears love songs and they think slow and sappy, but there were a lot of up beat and fun classics on there as well. Love the charity idea as well, we are also doing something similar but with the glass clinking rather.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in October and we are giving out bags of cinnamon roasted pecans. I'm attaching an orange ribbon with a fall colored tag that has a stamp imprint of a bride and groom and another stamp on the inside that says thank you.
    VICTORIA image 135 Invited so far!
    image 90 Are ready to party!
    image 40 Will be missing out!
    image 5 Are MIA!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI is from Ecuador and I'm from New Jersey.  We are going to have chinese takeout boxes with a nice ribbon on the outside and inside will be three separate organza bags with foods that represent us:

1. Candy from Ecuador - where FI was born
    2. Salt water taffy from NJ - where I was born
    3. NYC-style honey roasted nuts - where we met

And there will be a note inside the box that explains the significance of each treat.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love the idea peaches, was thinking of salt water taffy myself since im a jersey girl too
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so the photo booth idea is super fun. A friend of mine did it and it turned out great. They do get pricey though. The way it works is your guests will go into the photo booth and use the hats or tiaras, glasses, boas whatever there is and take pictures. Hers was unlimited. Everytime a picture is taken it is burned to a CD so the bride and groom have a copy of every photo and the guest gets to take home the pictures they took with your names and wedding date printed on the pic. Its a fun idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_looking-favor-inspiration-doing-wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:a04c35db-82aa-4a29-adbf-e7f0cca0868bPost:c838428e-9a79-4292-bcbd-a61c606818b9">Re: Looking for favor inspiration! What are you doing for your wedding favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]love the idea peaches, was thinking of salt water taffy myself since im a jersey girl too
    Posted by lmary0504[/QUOTE]

:-)
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are giving our guests home made hot chocolate mix, it's symbolic to us.  My FI and I have children from previous marriages and one of our first outings with the children was ice skating.  Afterwards I made hot chocolate from my mix for everyone and they loved it.  I plan to include chocolate spoons and gourmet marshmallows as well.   
  • Options
    jczapl112jczapl112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided on lotto tickets....."Wishing you riches from the new Mr. and Mrs..."  Something fun that didn't break the bank
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards