Favors
Options

Lottery Tickets for Favors

Just wondering what your thoughts were as to having lottery tickets for favors... yay or nay?

We are thinking that we would hand the lottery tickets out with our  bridal party right after dinner and have everybody scratch them off at the same time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lottery Tickets for Favors

• Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll get mixed reviews on here about his.  I personally like the idea.  A friend of mine had them as her favor and everyone loved it.  I would suggest just having them put on the table though over passing them out, unless you have a really small wedding.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not like them.  But most people do so I'm probably the minority. 
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll have me as company Stephanie.  Unless you are having a Las Vegas or Monte Carlo themed wedding, I really hate lottery ticket favors.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually really like the idea, I've seen it done where a coin (usually a penny) is attached.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did them as part of our favors,i had a gift bag for everyone filled with a bunch of stuff and a lotto ticket was part of it,everyone thought it was a cute idea.you can buy cute little holders to put them in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be a great idea if you were having a Vegas theme.  If not, I guess they are ok.  I wouldn't be disappointed to get one, but I'd prefer something edible. :)
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea.  I think it's just fun for that moment that everyone at the table is scratching away.  At the tickets, of course.  =0
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    DanielleZZDanielleZZ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_lottery-tickets-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:a0bda5e3-ce4f-488f-85ec-1eaf4741c8d3Post:40694549-31c4-4594-9ee5-de50c98bd7b9">Re: Lottery Tickets for Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it would be a great idea if you were having a Vegas theme.  If not, I guess they are ok.  I wouldn't be disappointed to get one, but I'd prefer something edible. :)
    Posted by frogurt814[/QUOTE]

This.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That seems tacky to me.  I really don't know why though...

Also, I would probably be mad if I lost and someone else won $5k. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love them.  But lottery tickets are a tradition in both of our families.  Every holiday several people buy a ton of them and hand them out...same with FI's.  We're doing it because of that.  I love how it incooperates our family tradition and I know our family is going to love it also.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea actually!  My friend did this at her wedding and it was a HUGE hit.  She had tons of overseas guests who aparently had never seen such a thing before.  She put them in an envelope that had "Lucky in Love" printed on it and included a penny in each to scratch off with.  One of her guests actually won $75!  I'm shocked that anyone would find this tacky!  I found it clever and more fun than a candle or matchbook. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards