Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

RANT!!!! - lost invitations!

I'm SOOOOOO mad at the postal system! we're a month out and i'm finding out that several people have never gotten their invitations! i mailed them in june, so they DEFINITELY should have gotten there by now. we're having a VERY small wedding, so every person, especially out of towners, who doesn't get theirs in time to make arrangements makes a big difference. it's just so F'ING frustrating and i can't do anything about it! if a friend hadn't told me at the wedding shower that she had never gotten hers, i wouldn't have known there was a problem. i've been contacting people to find out and keep getting "nope, never got it" responses! i just don't get it, and it's one more thing that i don't have the emotional capacity to deal with right at the moment. i really wish i could just have a big hissy fit here at my desk. and maybe go strangle a postal employee or something (not really, but you know.).

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

Re: RANT!!!! - lost invitations!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you have your return address on them? Wonder if there is anyway at all to track them. I'm sorry that happened! Honestly it sucks and I know I would probably want to react the same way.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :(  Boo... I'm so sorry! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What city did you mail them from?

Does anyone remember when the City of Frisco was having problems with the Postal Service?  They were just sitting on mail.

I'd check into where you mailed them from.... that seems to be the connecting factor.
    I like dogs, but not to eat
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm in dallas proper, near downtown. so, typically, things run pretty smoothly around here, since it's the city center and all.

i did have a return address and we've had 2 actually come back, but there are at least 3 others that just disappeared into the ether!

this is when all the etiquette gets on my nerves. there are people who got the save the dates and have seen my FB posts about the wedding, but didn't feel comfortable bugging me about it when they didn't see their invite. i wish they'd just been rude a few months ago, you know?! />_<

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww I'm so sorry :-(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  I'm sorry.  I can imagine the stress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards