Favors
Options

3 ounce containers for planes

We live in Colorado and all our family lives on the east coast.  Does anyone know where we can find nice 3 ounce containers/ jars for us to put a homemade liquid goodie in?  We have found 2 ounce containers, but they really seem too small.  I want our guests to be able to bring their favor on the plane without fear of security taking it away.  The next closest size we have been able to find is 3 3/4 ounce jars.

Thanks!

Re: 3 ounce containers for planes

• Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    What are you wanting to put into them?  If it is some kind of sauce or edible, you need to make sure you are choosing a food quality container too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can't they put whatever it is in their checked bag? You can put anything in there and they can wrap it in their clothes so it doesn't break.

This way you don't have to worry about size.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_3-ounce-containers-planes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:a3aa005b-d7d5-4572-afdf-7f2f86d73297Post:3ddc1e6d-6426-4c55-8082-24bf99d32561">Re: 3 ounce containers for planes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can't they put whatever it is in their checked bag? You can put anything in there and they can wrap it in their clothes so it doesn't break. This way you don't have to worry about size.
    Posted by jelybeancg[/QUOTE]

This reminded me of my trip last summer.  Every year I attend a national conference.  A couple of years ago someone got the great idea to have a contest between states to see who come up with the best basket that represents their state.  The baskets would be raffled off.

My team and I split up the items in our luggage and I had a hunch there was going to be a problem.  I took some maple syrup in a metal container shaped like a log cabin.  I was sure that would get looked at so I stayed at the station where they check your luggage in case they weren't going to let me fly with it.  Maple syrup was fine.

The jar of honey?  Not so much.  I had everything bubble wrapped and they unbubble wrapped it to check it out.  Apparently the viscosity of honey is similar to things they screen for.  I made sure the guy that got our basket got the bubble wrap and knew to put the honey on top of everything because they would check it.

He emailed me and thanked me for the heads up because they went through his luggage when they found it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards