Favors

Favors for the Gentlemen

We are having an outside ceremony (golf course) in a mtn town in Colorado...so for the ladies, I have bought pashmina wraps that I will give out incase it's cool out (morning ceremony/May).
But now, I'm not coming up with ideas for the gentlemen. Any ideas for something classy?!?

Re: Favors for the Gentlemen

• The pashminas are fine, if you want to supply some in a basket near the ceremony site. This isn't really a "favor", it's just a nice thing you're doing. Favors aren't required, so you don't need to get anything for the men.
  • I am firmly against gender specific "favors". 

Also, I'm sure the wrap is very pretty, but I wouldn't want it.  I'm a grown up and can check the weather before I leave the house.   I'll know if I need to wear a sweater.  And, wardrobe is very specific to lots of people.  You may have spent a ton of money on something that people will never use again, or use on the day of, if it doesn't match what they are wearing, or they already left the house prepared for the chill in the air.

Go with something edible.  Male or female, people like cookies, truffles, jam, etc. etc. etc. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favors-for-the-gentlemen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:a5b8744d-1aa5-4971-ac77-2966ac38ac50Post:ca01ab6a-7dff-4269-84f7-a93ec7ff353d">Re: Favors for the Gentlemen</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am firmly against gender specific "favors".  Also, I'm sure the wrap is very pretty, but I wouldn't want it.  I'm a grown up and can check the weather before I leave the house.   I'll know if I need to wear a sweater.  And, wardrobe is very specific to lots of people.  You may have spent a ton of money on something that people will never use again, or use on the day of, if it doesn't match what they are wearing, or they already left the house prepared for the chill in the air. Go with something edible.  Male or female, people like cookies, truffles, jam, etc. etc. etc. 
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

This.  Unless you're surprising your guests with an outdoor ceremony, they will come dressed appropriately.  Go for something edible for both male and female.  You can have a few pashminas in a cute bin for people to take if they forgot to bring something.
  • We are also having an outdoor ceremony. For our favors we will be putting out personalized water bottles (with our wedding being in May.) As well as cigars for the men not doing an actual cigar bar just setting some out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favors-for-the-gentlemen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:a5b8744d-1aa5-4971-ac77-2966ac38ac50Post:e60bf03e-b02f-422b-8339-bdd6594b3984">Re: Favors for the Gentlemen</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are also having an outdoor ceremony. For our favors we will be putting out personalized water bottles (with our wedding being in May.) As well as cigars for the men not doing an actual cigar bar just setting some out.
    Posted by lhobbs08[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Will you have a designated area FAR away from your other guests for the guys to smoke the cigars?  At an outdoor wedding that smell will travel everywhere.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favors-for-the-gentlemen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:a5b8744d-1aa5-4971-ac77-2966ac38ac50Post:f4fa0191-3360-4096-b616-b0c47ca64e8e">Re: Favors for the Gentlemen</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favors for the Gentlemen : Will you have a designated area FAR away from your other guests for the guys to smoke the cigars?  At an outdoor wedding that smell will travel everywhere.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">Our wedding will be at a plantation, there are different balconies as well as going to different sides of the building. The cigars will only be during cocktail hour then we will go inside for the reception so I'm not too worried about it.</div></div>
  • I guess my question is can your guests smoke the cigars anywhere during the cocktail hour around the other guests or are there designated smoking areas?  That is the worst odor ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards