Favors

CDs?

I've read a bunch that people think CDs aren't a good idea, but my family seems to think they're great.  Most of our wedding is family so they're older and not quite of the download music age.. Also, our wedding is a Christmas in July themed wedding so we were going to compile our favorite wedding songs on one CD and give that.  What do you think?
image 180 Invited
image 160 are joining in!!
image 17 are missing out!!
image 3 are late to RSVP!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: CDs?

• mia082683mia082683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A perspective I never even thought of.. Thank you. I guess, I didn't think of it as illegal because I was thinking of the music as being A) music I owned on CD and B) people who are long since dead... but I guess it's still illegal, lol.  Thanks for giving me something to think about!
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011

I personally would not like to get a Christmas ornament in July, most people have their Christmas decorations stored away, I would not want to go dig out my box of Christmas decorations to put yours away as well, it would probably end up in the garbage or getting “Misplaced” before Christmas actually came around.

Buying A Home Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TereHacTereHac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a great idea!  You are not selling them, so I do not believe there is any "legal" issues involved. 
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I normally don't care for the CD favor--but if it was a CD of Christmas songs, I would like that actually.

And I love getting ornaments, I don't care when it is.  But I am probably in the minority, honestly.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm partial to edible favors so I voted for the Christmas cookies and candies. I think those would be more appreciated by your guests than a CD or an ornament.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards