Favors
Options

Favor Thoughts...

We are getting married this Oct and I really don't want to spend alot on our favors. In a way, I think favors are pointless. Ive been to many weddings and usually if I keep the faors the just end up in a box or rarely used...plus we are on a TIGHT budget. Ive seen ideas for smores, candy buffets, and the lil pumpkins, but paying for the lttle bags, the containers, the candy, ribbon, name tags or etc can get pricey.

I was just wondering if anybody had any cheap wedding favor ideas for a fall wedding. Right now, all our I have is the hershey bars with our name labels and some butter mints (Im a dental hygienist lol...maybe I should give out toothbrushes haha0

Re: Favor Thoughts...

• Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's fine to skip them completely, esp if you're on a tight budget.  One less thing to have to worry about.  =-)
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    SeasonalFavorSeasonalFavor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think favors are a nice gesture BUT I do agree a lot of favors I have gotten usually get thrown away.  I would stay away from the tinkets and get an edible favor or something more practical.  I had a fall wedding and we gave out cocktail mixes.  They were individually package with a lable that said "Fall in Love" with leaves on them.  My cousin got married in october and she just bought white little boxes and inside had chocolate dipped oreos that she did herself.  You don't have to spend a lot its the thought that counts.  Hope this helps
    www.seasonalfavor.com
  • Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Skip the favors if you don't think you can afford it.  No need to spend that money or let yourself be worrying about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Skip favors and maybe just put a bowl of your favorite little candies out at each table or mints for your guests. Nothing wrong with that! :)
  • Options
    kmsst48kmsst48 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ummm... I kinda love the idea of toothbrushes LOL. I find humor in that to go along with the sweets. 

You could make a donation to charity if you like where you pick the amount.

One of the best favors I received was actually part of the thank-you from a wedding I attended. As we walked into the reception the photographer took a picture of each of us all dolled up. The bride and groom wrote a nice card and included a picture of us at the wedding. I have the photo framed and in my study. It was so nice to get a picture of me and my love all dressed up prior to drinking, eating and dancing. 

May 2013 August Siggy: The Hair AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NO idea! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think having a favor at everyones place setting is really nice.

My cousin made cd's for everyone to take home with songs that the band played. That was probably very budget friendly.

For a fall wedding, I love the idea of a big candy apple at each place, but that could probably get pricy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards