Favors

Help Please!!!!!

Hi

I am getting married to my best friend in 42 days :) we have 115 guests.

Our Favors are going to be white Chocolate bark hearts with a touch of  habanero pepper , Dark Chocolate with Spicy peanuts and one  Chocolate  covered jalapeño.

When should I start how should I store them!  

Re: Help Please!!!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:a974d00f-af5e-4c39-a04f-fbcf6243a35ePost:14beef90-662c-4ce4-85c8-365408388d6e">Help Please!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi I am getting married to my best friend in 42 days :) we have 115 guests. Our Favors are going to be white Chocolate bark hearts with a touch of  habanero pepper , Dark Chocolate with Spicy peanuts and one  Chocolate  covered jalapeño. When should I start how should I store them!  
    Posted by Christine100212[/QUOTE]

Sounds like alot of heat.  I would incorporate some chocolate that is "plain" so everyone will enjoy it....many people cannot eat or like spicy/hot foods.   And I love jalapenos.....but the thought of them chocolate covered doesn't really sound good.  But I could be wrong!  I would at least try it.  :)
  • Ditto PP. I don't do spicy food so none of that would be appetizing to me. Even if you know most of your guests would like something spicy, chances are at least a few won't or can't eat it, so I would have some non-spicy chocolate also available.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I'm making my Grandmother her very own lil batch - the heat! For everyone else try it you'll like it! not all that spicy at all :) except for the pepper now that IS hot and fun! 

all I want to know is when should I start? 
  • You can safely store chocolates for 2-3 months if you wrap each individual piece in foil and place it in an airtight container. Store in a cool place.

This would probably only work if you are using dried habenero/jalepeno peppers. If you are using fresh, I'd give it a week, tops.

You don't want sick guests!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:a974d00f-af5e-4c39-a04f-fbcf6243a35ePost:6b03ff5a-d3c3-4541-9b25-c0b03e15fd96">Re: Help Please!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can safely store chocolates for 2-3 months if you wrap each individual piece in foil and place it in an airtight container. Store in a cool place. This would probably only work if you are using dried habenero/jalepeno peppers. If you are using fresh, I'd give it a week, tops. You don't want sick guests!
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE<div>Thank you!!!! </div><div>Can hardly wait to get started!!!! 
    <div>
    </div></div>
  • That certainly sounds like a lot of heat! My FI would love them though, but I agree with everyone else, maybe have some alternatives that aren't so hot, if you want something different you can always make some pretzel rods and dip them in carmel then in chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt, easy and yummy! Or chocolate covered gummy bears, balance the heat with sweet! Your guests will appreciate it! I would start making things 2 weeks ahead of time, then wrap in foil and store in airtight container in a cool place. Good luck! And congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards