Favors
Options

Favor idea-Koozie

So I have found a Koozie that I think is really cute and I thought it would be different as a favor for a wedding, but my Fiance mom said it was tacky.  What do you think of the idea?

Re: Favor idea-Koozie

• Options
    I personally love koozies from weddings. It's something you can never have enough of. Especially if you host a lot of backyard bbq's like FI and I. It also is going to be one of our favors along with a photobooth picture but were having all of our beer served in a koozies so it helps the security determine who is of age and what not because pop will be served without one.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers THw1PKynnBZ4fVUGLPN1j6BKQ8d6ARbX4jGydYMHvUQ,QezptEgimhvAOeg49lyOshWKDraDzrdno-lHdColcd8
  • Options
    Annas2013Annas2013 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I think they're cute and useful!  We're using them for our favors too.  If you're paying for your favors, then get what you and your FI want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I think it's very creative and anything can be made more elegant. I say go for it, but do it tastefully. People will love it!  I found a wonderful website that provides inspiration images of favor ideas and where to purchase products to get that dream image. Check it out and good luck!

• Options
    I have never used a Koozie.
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Not a fan.
  • Options
    I'm a MOB too and I'm in tacky camp on this.  I entertain all the time and don't own a single koozie.  I feel the same about shot glasses.

If you go this route do not personalize them with your name and date.  People hate personalized wedding favors.  Put something fun on it but keep it wedding'free.
  • Options
    I'm shocked at all the people saying they are so useful.  I'm wondering if it's a Southern thing or something.  My husband has two, and as much as he insists on keeping them, he never uses them and they sit in the junk drawer.  
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    I hate koozies, and no a koozie cannot be made more elegant vendor, you're sticking a can in it...  I think if it's a bbq reception it makes more sense, but I still wouldn't take one.  They also remind me as the typical advertising vehicle for some products that I wouldn't class my wedding with.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favor-idea-koozie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:aeb56265-d469-42b5-8892-671375f15473Post:e4942082-64f2-49a6-987f-40fd7ee52e70">Re: Favor idea-Koozie</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm shocked at all the people saying they are so useful.  I'm wondering if it's a Southern thing or something.  My husband has two, and as much as he insists on keeping them, he never uses them and they sit in the junk drawer.  
    Posted by mcskatcat[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>It may be a southern thing.  They're really big where I live, especially as wedding favors.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    janegoodey - apparently you missed the pesky little part of the terms of service where vendors arent allowed to advertise on the boards.  How can you trust a vendor who can't follow rules?  All of your posts advertise the website in your post.

reported.
  • Options
    I think they're useful and you can even stick things in them like candy if you want to go above and beyond. 
  • Options
    Theyre very commonly used and given as favors where I'm from in the Midwest.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers THw1PKynnBZ4fVUGLPN1j6BKQ8d6ARbX4jGydYMHvUQ,QezptEgimhvAOeg49lyOshWKDraDzrdno-lHdColcd8
  • Options

I don't like them at all and would never use or even keep them for that matter.  Just not my thing.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    We have a drawer of at least a dozen koozies and we use them all the time.  Same with all of our friends. 

They're especially useful if you cook out, have/attend bonfires, have/go to a pool/beach, or tailgate often.  We do all of the above, so I'm in the "you can never have too many" camp. 

(It isn't just a Southern thing, we're in OH)
  • Options
    I am on the "it's tacky" side. I would never take one and haven't seen them used in at least a decade. It must be a regional thing. Midwest and smaller towns maybe? I have lived on both coasts and a few places in between. Not a koozie in sight.
  • Options
    Totally tacky. I'm from the Midwest, lived here all my life, and I've never seen them. 
  • Options
    Apparently you "Tacky" folks don't spend anytime on a boat where your beverage needs a "koozie". All our friends would take one or maybe four ;-]
  • Options
    Awesome idea... It's huge in Dallas
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards