Favors
Options

Unique Favor Ideas

I am trying to get different ideas for wedding favors and it seems like everything I see is so traditional or over done.  What are some of your unique ideas for wedding favors?  I want to know for my own personal reasons but also just because I think it would be fun to hear some different ideas!

I just went to a wedding that had a really cool wedding favor that was in my opinion very unique.  However, it isn't an idea that I can steal since they will be at my wedding!  =o)  They had jones soda bottles with a fun picture on them on it.  It was a yummy and fun treat!  We kept our bottles as a keepsake of their wedding!

So let me know your ideas!!!

Re: Unique Favor Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm all for unique favors! We're doing a donation to a dear organization that is close to our family and friends, my friend had a multi-cultural wedding and she had coasters that said "love" in different languages. Loved it!
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Jones sodas are actually pretty trendy right now.  I can understand you not wanting to do it right after someone else you know did it, but it's not very "unique," so there's no fear of not having found it somewhere else.  (Not taking away from there idea at all - I think it's very cute - it's just not something you'd have to worry about "stealing.")

One way I, personally, like couples incorporating "them" into something actually FOR their guests is when they are "known" for a particular brand or item.

With my fiance and I - everyone knows our love for Godiva.  Chocolate is good to start with, but amp it up a little and give them a great favor from a company they already associate with us makes everyone happy (well, as close to everyone as you'll ever get with a guest favor).  I'm also hand writing out a little thank you for attending note card at each place setting with their chocolate and glow item and bubbles and bells.  (Bubbles and bells and glow items are for the reception, itself, so I didn't want to count them as a 'favor, necessarily)  It's a small note-card with our new last name initial on it in our wedding colours.  That way, it's a memento from the wedding, it's personal (will have each name on it), and even if someone does not bring a gift, they've received a thank you card.

Granted, our idea isn't for everyone, nor is it Earth shatteringly unique, but I think it'll be well received.  I can let you know in about four momths! :)

Good luck with whatever you choose!
    10-10-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think one way to go unique is to have an edible wedding favor.  You can personalize and pick however you want it to look. I feel like you can have a lot of options.

I found chocolate covered apples and chocolate covered twinkies at PlatinumGoodies.com

• Options
    ierlandierland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought nice wine glasses on sale instead of renting them.  I'm putting charms on them with a note. That way I save my rental fee and get my favors all in one. And if they don't take the glass at least it was not wasted cause it was used for the reception. I'm managing to do this for about $1 per guest which is great when it comes to favors. But I had to look for about two months to find the right sale on wine glasses to do it. I really wanted something useful.
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    unique?

lotto scratch offs with a personalized penny inside a clear envelope. almost everyone  likes them and enjoys seeing if they've won.
  • Options
    mvh2010mvh2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i like the lotto ticket idea that is very unique!

I am doing hot cocoa mix with mini marshmellows.  My wedding is Nov 6th in the midwest so just in time for warm drinks.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    jaertkerjaertker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Friend did personalized Us Weekly magazines. It was so cute, it told the story about the couple and had interviews with the best man/maid of honor, etc...everyone had a blast reading the articles and gave the guests a way of knowing who everyone involved was. Cute cute.  I can find out who she used to design them if interested.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours isn't entirely unique, but it is a twist on the candy buffet. 

My favorite movie is Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, and FI loves it too (it's actually one of the things we first connected over), and we're both on the quirky and playful side, so we're having a slightly Bill and Ted-themed wedding.  (Note, this is NOT a hardcore theme wedding, where it will direct everything involved, but rather, small touches here and there).

We are getting a bunch of Circle K cups (because "strange things are afoot at the Circle K") and setting up a snack buffet of gas station edibles, like Slim Jims and Cow Tales (and regular candy and stuff too!)  The guests can fill up their cups (I'm talking at least the 32oz,  if not the 44oz size) with whatever they want.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards