Favors

Is it tacky to not have favors??

I am planning a destination wedding in Maui for 75 people. I ordered personalized water bottles to put on each chair at the ceremony and bubbles for when we leave. Do I need to have favors as well? I am torn because of the distance that so many are traveling, but it is also really expensive. Any thoughts??? or suggestions???

Re: Is it tacky to not have favors??

• edited December 2011
    It's not tacky not to have favors.  You don't need them.  If you can't afford them, that is fine....plus you're already giving them a  water bottle and bubbles anyways!
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely not tacky. I would rather have no favor than feel obligated to take something that I don't want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    i think the water bottles and bubbles are enough. so in my opinion no its not tacky at all
  • kfilemyrkfilemyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would feel weird not giving some sort of favor...What if, with the water bottles, you got cute little paper bags and put some nice fruit or  some other snack type thing, that is not expensive, inside. Not that it's wrong or anything, I am just really excited to make favors for my guests and there are things that you can do that are easy and cheap!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Actually, I think that is a great idea! We are getting married in Maui...I could put some macadamia nuts in a little bag with the water...Thanks!

• edited December 2011
    i think the mac nuts are a great little addition.  I def would keep it edible... or perhaps maybe make a small donation in your guests honor. 

When people make donations in leui of favors.... it is never communicated exactly how much the bride and groom donate.  So, why dont you make a small donation to your favorite charity and then you can just print up a small card to put at their place setting saying "A donation to the --------(organization)------- has been made in your honour."

Def nothing tangible that your guests would have to take ...and then remember to bring home in their suitcase.

PS />  A Maui wedding sounds amazing =) best of luck!
  • edited December 2011

Most of the planning books (and an article I read on this site a while ago) agree that while favors have been commonly given, they aren't in any way necessary. 
    Personally, I like favors that have practical uses, like pretty wine bottle corks, picture frames and coasters, things that everyone might not use, but it's better than a candle or something (no offense intended to you candle-lovers, I'm just not a fan)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards