Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: SA Wednesday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've already expressed my distaste with airline pricing strategies on FB this morning... but seriously...

Tell me how it makes sense that we can drive to Houston and get on our flight.. connect at DFW and pick up our friends on the exact same flight # we would have taken from here in the first place.... for less than half the price!!!?
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I don't have a dog, I do like them.  However, why do people feel the need to take their dogs everywhere?  When I see a dog inside a restaurant or a store, I am a little grossed out.  The other day, a lady took her weiner dog into Starbucks, where they now serve fresh sandwiches from a low cooler case.  This is also spurred by the fact that someone who works at our school brought their dog up to the school over the weekend, put it in a room and closed the door so that they could do whatever.  The dog pooped on the floor and they didn't even bother to pick up the poop. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Tiffany -- yea I never understood why it was so much cheaper to fly out of Houston then Dallas.

I don't know why, but I'm actually more excited for the Formal Engagement then I am the wedding right now. Granted there isn't as much involved, but more last minute things for sure. I am just so excited and ready for it to happen.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:48a21f19-c636-45f7-bdd9-87ade04de039Post:7fead449-cd4f-483e-b81d-e9f4c34e1a5c">Re: SA Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've already expressed my distaste with airline pricing strategies on FB this morning... but seriously... Tell me how it makes sense that we can drive to Houston and get on our flight.. connect at DFW and pick up our friends on the exact same flight # we would have taken from here in the first place.... for less than half the price!!!?
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

Generally, I think it has to do with the American monopoly here. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ew - didn't pick up the poop - that's gross!  I agree.  I am 100% a dog person, but it annoys me to see someone walking the around the mall pushing a dog stroller.  Really, a dog stroller?  That's so silly to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:48a21f19-c636-45f7-bdd9-87ade04de039Post:7fead449-cd4f-483e-b81d-e9f4c34e1a5c">Re: SA Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've already expressed my distaste with airline pricing strategies on FB this morning... but seriously... Tell me how it makes sense that we can drive to Houston and get on our flight.. connect at DFW and pick up our friends on the exact same flight # we would have taken from here in the first place.... for less than half the price!!!?

Could it be more expensive because DFW is an international airport? Idk.  Seems ridiculous, though. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:48a21f19-c636-45f7-bdd9-87ade04de039Post:5e2bcd5f-a763-404a-a5e1-394edbf4ef0c">Re: SA Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday! : Generally, I think it has to do with the American monopoly here. 
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know.. they are just big bullies.  I guess it keeps my Dad his job. Ha.  I can also fly from Austin and OKC for the same low rate.  Lame.

I wonder if we can book the round trip flight from Houston and just get off in Dallas on the way home.  I mean, how would they stop us?   Just carry on the luggage.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was talking to my Dad yesterday about the head count for the wedding.  I said that the deadline for the RSVPs is not until Friday.  He said - what's an RSVP.  HAHA - really Dad?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany - my ex used to live in Memphis and flying there was crazy expensive.  But it was a layover spot for many cities so he and a bunch of his friends just carried on luggage and never got on their second flight.  Totally worth it and doable!

Julie - I am with you on the dogs.  I love my dog and I'll take him to dog friendly patios when the weather is nice but never into places.  Seriously, while I call him my kid, he is still an animal that wants to do nothing but roll in the dirt after a bath to get the clean smell off of him.  And don't get me started on people who don't clean up after their dogs.  If you're not resposible enough to pick up poop then you shouldn't have the dog! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The etsy alchemy function is amazing and there are some seriously wonderful ladies on there.  I am getting sick but still in a good mood because what I thought would be a nightmare was avoided.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My question is, how do people get away with bringing in an animal into places like these? Women bring them in the mall! I thought public places (minus parks and pet stores), you can't bring pets in?!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not a dog person. I have this irrational fear of them, no matter what size they are, I promise I see the I'm going for your throat look. This annoys me to no end when people bring their dogs with them everywhere. Yes, I'm scared of your little dog in your bag... Get over it and stop bringing it around. I realize in parks, or whereever I have to deal with it, but I really do get annoyed when I can't even shop without having to worry one will attack me.

Maybe I should get over it. Doesn't change how I feel about them

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Warning - Super lame/not-that-important-in-the-long-run pity party in full swing...

I'm getting really nervous for our engagement pics on Friday. I'm feeling really huge, and I still haven't settled on an outfit. I'm really not this shallow usually (and I feel terrible even thinking it), but I saw a FB friend's e-pics last week, and they were so bad that I just started crying... I'm so afraid that will be us. I know if I hate the pics, I can just not use them... but I'll be pretty sad.

I'm hoping come Friday morning, I can just let go and have fun. I guess that's why I'm writing this - to get it out and get over it. If I'm stressed, I'm sure the pics will reflect it. It's probably a self-fulfilling prophesy...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I am totally gonna AW. We got our first gift from our BB&B registry! They even gift wrapped it. (Which was a little silly considering how large it was. :-P)

We are trying to get into a celebratory mood instead of the funk we are in right now. FI does have some prospects for when we get back from the honeymoon, so at least there is hope.

The only dog that should be in a store is a service animal. (Unless it is a pet store.) Our apartment complex has a problem with bad tenants that don't pick up after their dogs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:48a21f19-c636-45f7-bdd9-87ade04de039Post:99380867-77f1-441d-9695-d5a8dc3a62d9">Re: SA Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tiffany - my ex used to live in Memphis and flying there was crazy expensive.  But it was a layover spot for many cities so he and a bunch of his friends just carried on luggage and never got on their second flight.  Totally worth it and doable! Posted by balfour00[/QUOTE]

Woohoo, thanks for the confirmation on this.  That would save us a huge chunk of change plus the baggage fees both ways.     Only problem...fitting ski gear and clothes for both of us for 5 days into 2 carry ons... yikes.  However to save $400, I'm pretty sure I can make this happen.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:48a21f19-c636-45f7-bdd9-87ade04de039Post:82fe8b18-6b87-4856-891a-c1bd0188ad79">Re: SA Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday! : Woohoo, thanks for the confirmation on this.  That would save us a huge chunk of change plus the baggage fees both ways.     Only problem...fitting ski gear and clothes for both of us for 5 days into 2 carry ons... yikes.  However to save $400, I'm pretty sure I can make this happen.   

They have these things at the container store that help flatten your clothes out when you pack.  I have no idea what they are called, but FI and I used them when we went to Boston - they were very helpful - we fit a lot more in our suitcases.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am glad you ladies brought this up about flights being cheaper out of Houston.  We were thinking we may have to change our honeymoon plans since the plane tickets were so expensive, but if we flew out of Houston, it would save us like $400!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011

I want to fly Southwest when my brother and I go to Orlando.  I can save $250 on the airfare alone (not including bags).  My brother hates all the stops, etc. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Southwest is more expensive, with stops, for our trip.   Mega FAIL on the value carrier.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just for clarification (don't want Tiffany to get screwed on this) - has anyone actually been successful boarding their connecting flight when they haven't boarded their first flight?  (As opposed to boarding their first flight, leaving the airport at the connecting airport, and then ignoring the second flight?)  I'm wondering if an airline would cancel the whole itinerary if you didn't board the first flight (e.g., the leg starting in Houston) which might make it tough to board in Dallas.  It probably couldn't hurt to call customer service to ask how that works before you book.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alana -  We would drive to Houston and get on the plane and take it all the way to Denver.   Where we would get off early is on the return flight, we would get off in Dallas instead of returning to Houston.   I don't know how they could really punish us at that point.

Thanks for the concern though, I really appreciate it!   I know for sure they will cancel the rest of your itinerary if you miss a leg of your flight.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:48a21f19-c636-45f7-bdd9-87ade04de039Post:6d57b52b-ddaf-4434-b191-c299ca0136eb">Re: SA Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Warning - Super lame/not-that-important-in-the-long-run pity party in full swing... I'm getting really nervous for our engagement pics on Friday. I'm feeling really huge, and I still haven't settled on an outfit. I'm really not this shallow usually (and I feel terrible even thinking it), but I saw a FB friend's e-pics last week, and they were so bad that I just started crying... I'm so afraid that will be us. I know if I hate the pics, I can just not use them... but I'll be pretty sad. I'm hoping come Friday morning, I can just let go and have fun. I guess that's why I'm writing this - to get it out and get over it. If I'm stressed, I'm sure the pics will reflect it. It's probably a self-fulfilling prophesy...
    Posted by MsLaura31[/QUOTE]

Laura,
    I totally feel your pain!!! We just took our engagement pics and I hate the way I look in some of them. I wore a cute new shirt that turned out to be just a liiiittle too clingy and showed all of my bulges. And in the other pics, I wore a sweater that kept riding up. Really? haha.  Luckily our photog got some great shots at other angles. I'm just annoyed that some of the "fat" ones made it on the blog. Ugh!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gotcha, Tiffany.  I thought you were contemplating not driving to Houston and getting on in Dallas.  Sounds like you've got a good plan - hope it works out! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The highlight to my otherwise really crappy September came yesterday to my office... FI sent me a "just because" bouquet of irises, lilies & tulips in gorgeous autumn colors. I wish I could just marry him already. Stupid deployment.

~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards