Favors
Options

Favor/Seating Idea Do we like?

So for my favor I was going to make a mix CD with songs from our wedding and some of our favs.. I was going to wrap them in a color paper that match our weddings colors then use ribbon and tie a tag on it with the persons name and table so I dont have to do seating cards.  I was also going to use the organza bags that I originally had bought and put hugs and kisses in them and put them on the plates so when they come into the room they'll also have that.. Do you girls like the ideas?
RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favor/Seating Idea Do we like?

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a fan of CD favors.  Just because the music is your favorite doesn't mean it will be appealing to your guests who may well have different tastes.

I have never kept a "gift" CD mix.  Sorry.

PS:  CA2, the board's Mod has a great sticky above (FAQ's) where she talks in detail about many of the possible favor ideas.  Check it out.  It will help.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also not a fan of CD favors.  I would leave that one behind.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanx
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Not a fan of CD favors either.  That's really old school now.  Most people listen to music on their iPods or download their own music.  This is a waste especially if your music tastes differ from that of the guests.  The last wedding favor CD I received was in 2002, if that tells you anything.
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favorseating-idea-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:bcdd82af-9451-462d-b15d-932127c12c93Post:b6ae1633-0a2e-4485-9a52-e3f658b85778">Re: Favor/Seating Idea Do we like?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not a fan of CD favors either.  That's really old school now.  <strong>Most people listen to music on their iPods or download their own music.</strong>  This is a waste especially if your music tastes differ from that of the guests.  The last wedding favor CD I received was in 2002, if that tells you anything.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

This. Not as many people purchase actual hard copies of CD's anymore, instead they DL.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards