Favors
Options

flip flops for guests...help?

we are having our reception at a beachside place...we wanted to have a variety of sizes of flip flops avaliable to our guests if they want to venture out into the sand, or just relax their feet a little...a while ago i found a place that had wholesale prices for i think it was $1 a pair or under when bought in bulk...BUT i cant find that page anymore...does anyone have any ideas where i can find something like that?

Thanks everyone!

Re: flip flops for guests...help?

• Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I can't say I agree with this being the greatest idea.  Do people know they are going to the beach?  If so, I would assume they pack flip flops to take.  I am an adult who understands the importance of purchasing shoes that I am comfortable wearing.  If I got shoes that hurt my feet, that's my mistake.

How will you know what sizes to order?  If I for some reason wanted flip flops and my size was gone, I have to suck it up and have my toes hang off a size 7 or have a giant mass of rubber sticking out the size 11?  When I walk on the beach, flip flops typically come off as I don't want sand flying up my legs, especially in a dress or skirt!  Above this, I can't see a bunch of grown men in slacks deciding they should take their shoes and socks off for a pair of flip flops.

If you are looking for a favor, go with something edible and beach themed.  Salt water taffy? Starfish shaped cookies? Shell shaped chocolate? etc.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think its a great idea...and its very common to see buckets of FF at weddings these days. 
    try old navy!  they are having friends & family right now.  you can get them for 30% off!

it would be really cute if you made little personalized tags for them too!  you can put your names/date/and the size.

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto reese! old navy!!! and personalized tags sound soo cute. if you have time to wait until next year, in the middle of june old navy wants to get rid of all of their flip flops, so they have a sale where they are only $1 each! but bring some friends cuz its only  allowed  like 5 per person. good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im doing the same thing and I dont think it is stupid at all. Edible favors are not the only good kinds. I have beeen searching for a cheap wholesale site, if I find it ill let you know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours for $1 each at The Christmas Tree Shop.  I believe they have those in CT.  Good luck!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine on eBay for $1 each!
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Target. It's probably too late in the season but they are probably discounted.
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_flip-flops-guestshelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:c2632ef7-93eb-4e0c-8497-c4b6cbf2d587Post:208105a9-38fe-4979-8c28-811d413f24e6">Re: flip flops for guests...help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're willing to have the bright-colored foam kind, you can get them at hobby lobby or pretty much any dollar store for a buck a piece.  And if you wait for a sale at hobby lobby, you can get them for as low as .60 or .70 each!
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

StageManager is right.  Check out craft stores like Hobby Lobby and Michael's.

Really cute idea with the beach right there. 

I'm the sort of person who would dress up for the wedding and then stare longingly at the beach until my husband finally caved and gave me the go-ahead to go run on the beach barefoot. 

'm a hippie at heart.  Flip flops would make my wild dash for nature.. a bit more civilized.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards