Favors
Options

Great favors!

I just bought a candle from a small business called oohlalacandles.com
These candles have a great scent to them, no need to light, plus they are cheap!
I want to buy them as favors but I'm having a destination wedding and I figure most guest might want edible favor vs candles. What would you do?

Re: Great favors!

• Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Edible, not everyone likes candles.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

as nice as this sounds, what if someone has allergies? your favor could give them a headache, go with the food

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't do scented candles, nor does anyone in my family.  Some have allergies and son, like myself, get bad headaches from scented things.  I would go with edible favors.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely go edible. Guests will love them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would do the edible favors! I'm doing fleur de lis guest soaps, candy bars, and pralines. I'm from New Orleans so everything is New Orleans themed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 220 Invited image
    195 Ready to rock image
    12 Party Poopers image
    13 Needs to decide fast image RSVP Deadline: Past Due
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love candles, but I'd rather have something edible.  Plus, traveling with candles can be a PITA.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    do what you want!  in regards to the allergy comment...anyone could be allergic to anything!  someone could be allergic to milk or chocolate or nuts or any other kind of edible thing. 
    the point is...whatever you pick...theres going to be people that love it as well as people that leave it behind.  so again...do what you want.  personally, i'd prefer the candle.
  • Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it depends on what kind of edible favor. Jordan Almonds.......yuck. and unmeaningful.
  • Options
    akeptwoman26akeptwoman26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with reese511, you can't make everyone happy, there is always someone who isn't gonna like it...so what...its your wedding so do what you want.
    Everyone is saying "do something edible" that is so generic to me. Isn't there going to be enough food at the reception. I would prefer the candle as well, I believe I'm going with personalized shot glasses. I know its a lot of people on here who don't like personalized favors, don't use it, is what I have to say. I love it so in my opinion it want be a waste of my money! Do as you want. If guest leave it behind then you can always use some extra candles i'm sure!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd say go with an edible favor simply because it's a destination wedding.  If you don't go with something edible, make sure it's something that can easily be tucked into a suitcase without getting damaged or taking up too much space.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards