Favors

Groomsmen gifts.

This is a little of a multi-board-topic.

We're on a budget, first of all. Who isn't.

My groom seems to be mentally adding groomsmen by the day! I'm going to make him hammer it in stone soon, but for now he can brainstorm all he wants.

I cannot stand giving gifts that hit the junk bin, it's the biggest slap in the face - therefore, I don't give gifts if I know they wont be used. Food is off my radar, sweets especially - they just wont eat it and god knows it'll end up back at my house to go to my hips.

My idea was to get personalized koozies, shot glasses, bottle openers etc. for the groomsmen (with their names of course) and perhaps a 12pack each of their taste. I know they'll all use this, they're a bunch of college guys afterall - but I feel like the personalized touch makes it a little bit more, nice?

Anyway, my groom isn't overly thrilled by this - but no suprise he has no alternative suggestion, so i'm just brainstorming ideas.

Anyone know of anything their groomsmen really liked? I've been told shotglass for sure is nice and I know for sure they'll use koozies, maybe some personalized golf balls for the best men? (he has two, his brother and his father)

Re: Groomsmen gifts.

• jcathermanjcatherman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of the shot glasses, koozies, etc! My friend recently got married and they got their groomsman and bridesmaids tickets to a phillies game (we live in Philadelphia) that was about 6 months after the wedding. It was nice that they all got to see each other again 6 months after the wedding and enjoy the game. 
  • edited December 2011
    What about getting them each something different? We were at a wedding last summer and were sitting with one of the GM at the rehersal dinner when the couple handed out the gifts. His gift was a watch he had mentioned in passing to the groom he had really wanted. They put the watch around a bottle of the guy's favorite beer as well, which I thought was cute. The GM was blown away by the thoughtfulness since it was something he really wanted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
    I think the idea for the groomsmen is great! We're getting my fiance's groomsmen soft sided personalized coolers with thier favorite beer inside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got the fellas Das Boot, (as a nod to Steves heritage,) and we are going to fill it up with little things that each of them would like to personalize it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My FI just forced me to enforce Beerfest! recently otherwise i'd probably have scratched my head at that one.

That's a good idea though!

I have plenty of time, i'm just trying to do them one at a time and trying to catch specials etc. as we are a budget wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards