Favors
Options

Favor/present for parents? I need ideas!

Hello All,

I'm trying to figure out what on earth to get my parents and my fiance's mom as a thank you for helping us out with our wedding. I'm so tired of all the engraved knickknacks and things I think they'll never use.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Re: Favor/present for parents? I need ideas!

• Options
    We got each set of parents a $100 gift card to a nice restaraunt so they can treat themselves to a night out.   My parents are borderline hoarders as it is, so getting them "stuff" for gifts is a bad idea (plus, they have everything they really need, and buy themselves the stuff they want).  My husband's parents have moved into a smaller home since they retired, and don't have a lot of space.  So we prefer to get them "experience" gifts -- stuff they can DO.  Other ideas might be concert tickets, tickets to a favorite sport, round at a nice golf course, or night in a B&B.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Hello. I wanted to share my website with you. <a href="http://www.tammyhaddix.origami" rel="nofollow">www.tammyhaddix.origami</a> owl
    I am a designer for Origami Owl. We offer unique, personalized jewelry. Our lockets make a wonderful gift! Mothers of the bride and groom, as well as the bridal party would love getting a locket you made just for them.
    Idea: Chose charms that are the color of your wedding from our birthstone line, then add a rhinestone heart. It would be absolutely beautiful and your recipiant would love it!

Please let me know if I can help you with this.
    tammy.haddix@gmail.com

Tammy

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favorpresent-for-parents-i-need-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:cde80528-5858-4da2-946b-a1f05946a6c4Post:aef82b0d-986b-4236-b56f-68d565bccd83">Favor/present for parents? I need ideas!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello All, I'm trying to figure out what on earth to get my parents and my fiance's mom as a thank you for helping us out with our wedding. I'm so tired of all the engraved knickknacks and things I think they'll never use. Anyone have any good ideas?
    Posted by MHansen24[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Hello. Please take a look at my web site: <a href="http://www.tammyhaddix.origamiowl.com" rel="nofollow">www.tammyhaddix.origamiowl.com</a>

I am a designer with Origami Owl. We offer a beautiful line of lockets that you design. Women and young girls love our product. We are very high quality and affordable. But best of all, we are unique.
    Please let me know if I can help you.
    You can order directly from my website. Contact me at tammyhaddix@gmail.com if you have any questions.
    Tammy

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_favorpresent-for-parents-i-need-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:cde80528-5858-4da2-946b-a1f05946a6c4Post:aef82b0d-986b-4236-b56f-68d565bccd83">Favor/present for parents? I need ideas!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello All, I'm trying to figure out what on earth to get my parents and my fiance's mom as a thank you for helping us out with our wedding. I'm so tired of all the engraved knickknacks and things I think they'll never use. Anyone have any good ideas?
  • Options

<div>one of my favorite ideas that i stole from a knottie: i dug down deep in my memories and thought of a children's book that my mom/dad would always read to me (they each had a favorite). i bought a new copy of each and wrote a long, heartfelt message right inside the cover....alluding to all the great memories i had of them and how i hoped one day my kids would get those same memories. they are going to LOVE them and i think it was a pretty original idea!</div>
  • Options
    julie279julie279 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    We will probably be making photo books on Snapfish or Shutterfly or somewhere like that with wedding photos for my parents and my fiance's parents.  Our wedding photo package includes a CD with rights to the photos, so it should be fairly easy to do.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My parents like different things so I'm getting each their own personal gift.  I'm getting my Mom pair of Swaovski earrings because she just got her ears pierced a few months ago and my Dad loves his coffee so I'm getting him a certificate to his favorite coffee place.  
  • Options
    My mom got a nook with accessories and my in laws got a gift certificate to a B&B.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards