Favors

Anyone not doing favors?

Are favors a must in weddings?
We're having a vineyard theme wedding and was going to do the photo booth idea but our photographer offered us a picture canvas that people can sign. Guess that eliminates my photo booth scrap book idea.

any feedback would be great!
Pescadita

Re: Anyone not doing favors?

• future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, don't have to have them.
  • edited December 2011
    Only if you want them! 
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I was just about to post something up when I saw this post..It's the same question I wanted to ask other gals out there..if they're having favors or not...

But in all honesty, I hardly doubt any guest would get mad over not having a favor to take home from a wedding..if they do, than their retarded for getting upset..it's just a favor...a momento that says, "Hey thanks for coming to our wedding..Enjoy this little gift from us." And is it really a big deal if they don't get one?...It shouldn't be..

So..am I doing favors? Nope..I'm going to put that money into other expenses on the wedding..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2bpescadita2bpescadita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

thanks girls, that gives me a breather with some of our $$. I'll put the extra into the photographer.

• sabatronsabatron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been going back and forth with favors. I've toyed with the idea of getting a portrait artist for the reception, so guests can take home drawings, but there's no way the artist would be able to sketch ~150 guests in 4 or 5 hours. I'm trying to avoid giving away useless tchotchkes that people will toss right afterwards.
    Scrabble high score: 531
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No favors here.  It's going to be a destination wedding for all but two guests so the OOT bags will have to suffice.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • meggydoemeggydoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not doing them. I am on a budget and I feel there is no need for them.  I have heard from other brides that they spent a lot of money/time on favors and most of their guests left the reception forgetting to take the favor.  
  • leoraannaleoraanna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't doing them either. I can't remember one favor that I've ever gotten and if I remember it, it was delicious and now it's gone ;)
    Nov 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fictional Couple
    Photobucket
    image 282 Invited
    image 198 Making the Party!
    image 56 Staying at home :(
    image 28 Slow-pokes
    RSVP Date: November 5, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photobooth is my favor.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think they are a 'must' but I think they are cute.  I think as long as they are edible people will like them.  We are doing mini boxes tied with burgundy and brown ribbon (the picture attached is just from the website) and are filling them with tissue paper and Hershey Miniatures.  Our wedding is in October so all the fall colors match perfectly already with the candy colors.  I got 60 boxes for about $10, the ribbon was around $5, and will probably spend about $30.00-$40.00 on the candy.  I think it's a nice extra little touch for around $50.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards