Favors

What size cello bag

For those of you who used cello bags for takeaway from candy buffets, what size did you use. I don't want ones that are too big thus cleaning us out of candy too soon, but I want them to be able to fit a decent amount too.

Re: What size cello bag

• edited December 2011
    I think I'm using 3" x 1-3/4" x 6-3/4". They should hold approx. 1/2 lb of candy but doubt it because I will have twist ties and the bag must be packed to hold that much.

The other bags I looked at are 2-1/2" x 1" x 6" and they should hold about 1/4 lb of candy.

I read somewhere to expect each guest to have about 1/4-1/2 lbs of candy.  Don't know if that is correct but we are planning based on those numbers.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    The Average amount of candy per guest should be about 1/4 lb, you dont want to have a huge bag otherwise the guests will fill them up all the way and you will run out of candy.
  • smcclain9986smcclain9986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes thank you! I was wanting some measurements. The ones i"m lookin at are 3X5 or 4X6. I'm thining I better go with the 4X6 so they have some room to tie off the bags. 3X5 just seems a little too small.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_size-cello-bag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:d91a807a-e827-46dc-9be4-bf92938c8919Post:4a082701-fbf2-4b84-a7ee-63a6d73fecb4">Re: What size cello bag</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes thank you! I was wanting some measurements. The ones i"m lookin at are 3X5 or 4X6. I'm thining I better go with the 4X6 so they have some room to tie off the bags. 3X5 just seems a little too small.
    Posted by smcclain9986[/QUOTE
    yea i would go with the 4x 6 just to be safe
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards